Personal Injury Lawyers in Hannibal, MO
Call for a For a Consultation
Personal Injury Lawyer in Hannibal, MO. Our firm serves injured victims and their families in the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to handle a personal injury claim if a family member is hurt, if you are unable to work, and you are dealing with other financial issues all at the same time. It's important to our team that each and every client gets the best representation we can offer. If you would like to discuss your case or claim with our firm to learn more, don't hesitate to call us to talk to Halvorsen Klote's Hannibal, MO, personal injury attorneys now.
You shouldn't have to pay out-of-pocket for your medical bills, vehicle repairs, or other damages related to an accident caused by another's negligence. If you were injured in a car accident, slip and fall accident, or because of your employer's careless actions, and may be struggling with financial, physical, or emotional damages as a result, our firm is ready to help. Call our experienced Injury Lawyers in Hannibal, MO, to discuss the details of your case. We've helped a lot of injury victims throughout Missouri and Illinois. View our testimonials here.
Personal Injury Claims in Hannibal, MO
There are over 40 million serious injuries each year in the United States and over 150,000 unintentional deaths. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that lead to death. It is important for victims and their families to seek out legal representation as soon as they're able to. An experienced Hannibal personal injury lawyer is a great resource of legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Personal Injury Cases
From burns and scars to getting rear-ended by a commercial truck, a lot of events can result in an injury. Our firm is focused on helping those we represent recover damages. Our Hannibal, MO, personal injury lawyers take on a variety of cases. This includes:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car and truck crashes. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Many lawsuits near Hannibal, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, equipment may fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It is crucial to reach out to a wrongful death attorney in Hannibal, MO, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
Damages are dependent on the state you are in. If you are wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, our firm will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors. The HK Law team handles a variety of cases and claims. This includes:
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
Don't hesitate to reach out to our firm now if you have any questions.
What to Do After a Hannibal, MO Accident
Your life can change dramatically after an injury. At Halvorsen Klote, we offer solutions to your legal problems. Whether you were in a car accident or were misdiagnosed, it is important that you find the legal representation you deserve. Contact our support team now for a free case review.
What to Do After a Personal Injury Accident?
Common personal injury accidents involve speeding, driving while intoxicated, young or old drivers, and commercial vehicles. These sorts of accidents can lead to broken ribs, head and neck injuries, burns, internal bleeding, and others. Having stacks of medical bills and not being able to work due to an injury can be stressful for families and victims.
If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's critical to reach out to our Hannibal, MO, personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist victims with any medical issues, negotiate with insurance companies, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, especially if you're struggling financially or are recovering.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It is important to our firm that we provide a high level of professionalism and legal representation to our clients. Accidental injuries are now the 3rd leading cause of death, and hundreds of thousands of people are seriously injured while driving, at work, at home, and any everywhere else every year.
Winning a Personal Injury Claim
There's a couple of things that need to get done if you want to win an injury case. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove negligence, causation, fault, and financial damages. Below are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- How much does a lawyer cost? Usually, there are no up-front fees. Simply put, our Hannibal, MO, personal injury lawyers work on contingency which means that you only pay a percentage of a case if you win.
- What should I do after an accident? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are very important when you're filing a claim and trying to win a settlement. Even if an injury seems minor, having a written document will help your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? There are a number of variables when you figure out the special and general damages. Damages may include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle? What if I was partially at-fault? Again, the more information the better.
Halvorsen Klote's Hannibal, MO, personal injury lawyers are here to help and are ready to answer any questions you might have about personal injury law and your claim.
Learn more about our firm and how we can assist you with any legal issues.
Contact our Hannibal, MO, Personal Injury Lawyers Today
If you or a family member have been injured, Halvorsen Klote can help from start to finish. We negotiate with big insurance companies, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if necessary. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get reimbursement for an injury, and our personal injury attorneys in Hannibal, MO, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact us now or call 877-51-HKLAW for more information about Halvorsen Klote and our services.