St. Louis and Southern Illinois Semi Truck Accident Attorney
St. Louis Semi Truck Accident Lawyer
Semi Truck Accident Lawyer St. Louis, MO. If you or a loved one has been injured in a semi truck accident because of someone else’s carelessness, call Halvorsen Klote immediately at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us for a free case review. With the likelihood of life-altering injuries and damages, you need a St. Louis semi truck accident lawyer from HK Law on your side as soon as possible, fighting for you and your future.
Recent data from Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration shows that there were 164,731 crashes that involved semi trucks in 2019, which resulted in 81,272 injuries and 5,074 deaths. Almost 70 percent of those killed were passenger vehicle occupants, with 17% being truck drivers and 13% being pedestrians or bicyclists. Despite making up only 2.4% of total motor vehicle traffic crashes, semi truck accidents accounted for 15.3% of total fatalities and 4.2% of all injuries.
The St. Louis semi truck accident lawyers at Halvorsen Klote work for our clients. If you or a loved one has been in a semi truck accident, and you have sustained severe injuries and have lost work and wages due to those injuries, you need a HK Law semi truck accident lawyer in St. Louis to protect your interests. We make sure that you and your family are taken care of in the aftermath of a semi truck accident, when feelings of vulnerability and confusion are heightened.
Our St. Louis semi truck accident lawyer stands in your corner and guarantees that you have someone looking out for you every step of the way, from the initial consultation to you receiving a great settlement or verdict. We hold the responsible drivers accountable, so that we get complete compensation for you and your family. Call HK Law today at 877-51-HKLAW. We don’t get paid unless you win.
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review | St. Louis Semi Truck Accident Lawyer.
It is no secret that any motor vehicle crash can be terrifying and cause prolonged feelings of vulnerability and anxiety. But the potential for devastation in a semi truck accident is particularly high. Just by sheer size, the devastation a semi truck can cause in an accident, at any speed, is alarming, but particularly so at highway speeds. On average semi trucks are 20-30 times heavier and take 20 to 40 percent longer to stop than passenger vehicles.
St. Louis Semi Accident Lawyer: Who is at Fault in My Semi Truck Accident?
Each semi truck crash is different and the St. Louis semi truck accident attorney team at HK Law will be able to determine fault relatively quickly in your initial complimentary consultation. In most semi truck accidents, according to a recent FMCSA study, the driver is at fault. Some instances of driver error found by our St. Louis semi truck accident lawyer include:
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving
- Speeding or driving too fast for weather conditions
- Drunk driving or drug impaired driving
- Not accounting for road conditions
- Overcompensating for road conditions
- Making illegal maneuvers
St. Louis Semi Truck Accident Lawyer: Other Causes of Semi Truck Accidents
Some other causes of St. Louis, MO-area semi truck accidents include poor maintenance and improper loading of a semi truck, or another driver or a defective product. As an example, tire defects cause approximately 30% of all semi truck crashes.
Our St. Louis semi truck accident lawyer at HK Law has seen every type of truck crash and knows precisely how to determine liability and prove negligence in your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
St. Louis Semi Truck Accident Lawyer: What Does HK Law Investigate in a Semi Truck Accident?
Immediately following your crash, our St. Louis semi truck accident lawyer from HK Law will start investigating. Our team works for you on the following:
- Drowsy Driving/Hours on the Road Violations — Sleep deprivation is probably the number one cause of semi truck accidents in the country, causing an estimated 100,000 crashes each year. Every investigation by your St. Louis semi truck accident lawyer will include documented views of the driver’s log, diary, refueling statistics, and other evidence detailing how long the trucker went without sleep prior to the accident.
- Carrier Safety Policies — All semi truck drivers must comply with FMCSA regulations and state (Missouri and Illinois) CDL requirements. Your St. Louis semi truck accident lawyer will also make sure that the carrier is adhering to nighttime safety programs.
- Driver Hiring Practices — Was the semi truck driver qualified at the time of hire to be driving the truck and fit to be on the road? Did the hiring company complete its due diligence in terms of the employee’s criminal background check, drug screening or driving history? Our semi truck accident lawyer will scrutinize the driver’s personnel file.
- Load Balance, Securement and Overloading — There are clear standards that your St. Louis semi truck accident lawyer can check on how loads are placed on a semi truck. Violations of these standards due to laziness or inexperience cause tragedy.
- Failure to Install Side Guards, Rear Guards and Reflective Tape — The trucking industry has known for decades about the danger of side underride, which happens when a car is pinned under a semi. These safety precautions are to save lives and your St. Louis semi truck accident lawyer from HK Law will aggressively pursue litigation against any company that refuses to install them.
- Shoulder Parking and U-Turns — These are prohibited for semis, particularly at night, and are extremely dangerous.
Your St. Louis Semi Truck Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote in St. Louis, MO
Halvorsen Klote is an industry leader when it comes to protecting your interests in a semi truck accident case in the St. Louis area. Our St. Louis semi truck accident lawyers work for you and your family’s best interests. We do not simply want to win your case, we want to provide you with the best physical, emotional, and financial future possible. Expect nothing less than our best.