Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Accident Attorneys Near You. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a serious injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Our Accident Attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident. You deserve a legal team that will help you through an accident. Halvorsen Klote has won millions in case victories and plans to do the same for you.
If you're injured in a vehicle accident, through medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured due to a defective product or hurt on the job, our accident attorneys are here to help. Our firm supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages that we'll discuss later on. Contact our now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
Common Accident Cases
The injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless cases for victims in the Missouri and Illinois area. Below are a few of the most common types of accident cases our firm comes up against:
- Car and Truck Accidents: Vehicular crashes account for around 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These claims often involve dog bites, defective products, fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced accident lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes to bring a personal injury case vary greatly. There's no way to tell. Our injury attorneys are here to help no matter what your situation is. We are here to win.
Common Injury Types
While every accident is different, our lawyers have noticed that most of the accident victims who work with us have dealt with similar personal ailments. Below are a few examples:
- Broken bones: these can vary from small breaks on fingers or toes that serve more as a distraction than anything, to agonizing shattered bones that necessitate extended rehab and physical therapy.
- Whiplash: this is an ailment that most commonly occurs in car accidents, and happens when a sudden force or change in direction causes muscles and soft tissue to move faster than they would in real life.
- Cuts and scrapes: while many people think that these are minor injuries, these can present the risk of infection if not immediately treated.
- Traumatic brain injuries: the speed and violent impact of car accidents or falls often results in concussions or other head injuries. If not dealt with properly, TBIs can lower brain function and potentially present problems sleeping and recurring headaches. Many people who have been in accidents brush off the possibility that they could have sustained a TBI, and thus put off therapy until it is too late.
- Internal bleeding: this most commonly happens in more severe accidents, like falls from high platforms or high-speed car accidents. The forces from these accidents can cause damage to your organs, and without immediate treatment, these injuries can turn into life-threatening ones.
You may be able to receive special or general damages for your injury.
Contact an Accident Attorney Near You Today
Our attorneys would be happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Attorney at Law
Samantha Orlowski is a practicing attorney Halvorsen Klote.
Samantha joined Halvorsen Klote in 2018 as a law clerk and has since become a practicing attorney. Sam's number one priority is to provide individualized experiences for each client to achieve the best results.
Get the Help You Need Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and others. Talk to an experienced Accident Attorney today for a free consultation.