St. Louis, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in St. Louis, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both minor and severe may result in staggering medical expenses, an inability to return to the job you once depended on, or permanent disfigurement and pain. We want to help you not only reclaim what you lost, but gain every possible opportunity moving forward. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Contact our St. Louis, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in St. Louis, MO, today..
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured because of negligence or recklessness, HK Law's team will be your voice. Please contact a personal injury attorney in St. Louis, MO for help and a for a free, no-risk case evaluation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Personal Injury Claims We Manage in St. Louis, MO
Whether your accident happened on the streets of St. Louis or in your very own home, injuries that are not your fault can happen anywhere at any time. This is why the Halvorsen Klote firm handles personal injury claims of all types, because we want to help victims and their families.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a number of case types, including:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicular accidents account for an average of 1.9 million injuries each year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These claims often involve dog bites, defective products, fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced accident lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items. Our St. Louis, MO, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Injury cases vary based on the scenario, and whatever financial damages are involved. The personal injury attorneys in St. Louis, MO, are here to represent victims and their families.
What is Liability?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you're involved in a semi-truck crash, for instance, it is key to figure out who is to blame. This is where our personal injury attorneys in St. Louis, MO, come into play. Was it the truck driver, the driver's company, the road? That's why our firm has your back.
You can recover damages by either filing a personal injury claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company or by filing a personal injury lawsuit against them in the St. Louis courts; however, it may difficult to know if you have a right to a claim in either situation.
In order to succeed, you must meet two essential elements: fault and damages. For instance, a person, business, or employee(s) of a company must commit a wrongful act or fail at their duty to prevent dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held responsible for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must meet time restrictions set forth by MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Case in St. Louis, MO?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our St. Louis, MO, accidents attorneys look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused financial and physical harm. The two primary types of compensation an accident attorney in St. Louis, MO, provide includes:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include any loss of financial earnings, medical expenses, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions. When you begin a case, our team will help you get these items in order.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our St. Louis, MO, accident lawyers will consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to document everything you can regarding your health and well-being to justify general damages.
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
St. Louis, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
These big insurance companies have a vested interest in limiting their liability and will therefore pressure you to make quick decisions on a settlement offer that may not be in your best interests long-term. Without effective legal representation, you may lose out on gaining sufficient compensation to cover your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of complicated details, paperwork, unexpected obstacles, and unfair denials. Using our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as seamless as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced St. Louis personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can discover if you have enough evidence to effectively prove fault and seek damages. Contact Halvorsen Klote now.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.