Collinsville, IL Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Collinsville, IL. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both minor and severe can result in an inability to return to the job you once depended upon, high medical expenses, or permanent pain and disfigurement. We want to help you not only reclaim what you lost, but gain every possible opportunity moving forward. HK Law is here to help clients with legal representation. Contact our Collinsville, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys in Collinsville, IL, now..
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured due to recklessness or negligence, our firm is prepared to act on your behalf. Please contact a personal injury attorney in Collinsville, IL for help and a for a free, no-risk case consultation. If we decide to take your case, it will be on a contingency fee basis which means you don’t have to pay fees up-front.
Personal Injury Claims We Manage in Collinsville, IL
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why our firm manages so many different kinds of cases, because we want to help as many people as we can that suffer needlessly.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a number of types of cases, including:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicular crashes account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These cases usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bites, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced accident lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods. Our Collinsville, IL, accident lawyers are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Personal injury claims vary based on the scenario, and any financial damages are involved. The personal injury attorneys in Collinsville, IL, support victims in the case of an injury.
What is Liability?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you're part of a semi-truck crash, for example, it's important to figure out who is to blame. That's where our personal injury attorneys in Collinsville, IL, come into play. Was it caused by poor road conditions, the trucking company, negligent driving? That's why our firm is here.
You can recover damages by either filing a personal injury claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company or by filing a personal injury lawsuit against them in the Collinsville courts; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must meet two essential elements: fault and damages. For example, an individual, company, or employee(s) of a business must commit a wrongful act or default on their duty to prevent dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held responsible for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must meet time restrictions set forth under IL statute of limitations.
What Damages Can You Recover For an Injury Case in Collinsville, IL?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Collinsville, IL, accidents attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused physical, mental, and financial harm. The two main types of compensation an accident attorney in Collinsville, IL, may provide includes:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages often include lost wages, medical expenses, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions. Our attorneys help victims organize all of this information.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Collinsville, IL, injury lawyers will consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to document everything you can regarding your health and well-being to justify general damages.
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
Below are other services we provide:
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
Collinsville, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
These big insurance companies will do anything they can to limit their liability and will therefore pressure you to make quick decisions on a settlement offer that might not be in your best interests long-term. Without effective legal representation, you may lose out on gaining sufficient compensation to cover your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of unfair denials, mountains of paperwork, complicated details, and unexpected obstacles. In our extensive experience, we know this process well and want to make it as easy as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced Collinsville personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can discover if you have enough evidence to effectively prove fault and seek damages. Contact us today.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. Our firm has settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.