Ballwin, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Ballwin, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both minor and severe can result in staggering medical expenses, an inability to return to the job you once depended on, or permanent pain and disfigurement. Regardless of the scale of the loss you’ve endured, you are equally deserving of rights and just compensation under the law. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Call or contact our Ballwin, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Ballwin, MO, today..
If you or a loved one have been injured because of recklessness or negligence, our firm is prepared to act on your behalf. Feel free to contact a personal injury attorney in Ballwin, MO for help and a for a free, no-risk case evaluation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Personal Injury Claims We Manage in Ballwin, MO
Whether your accident happened on the streets of Ballwin or in your very own home, injuries that are not your fault can happen anywhere at any time. This is why the Halvorsen Klote firm manages personal injury claims of all types, because we want to help injury victims and their families.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a series of case types, including:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicle-related crashes account for an average of 1.9 million injuries each year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These cases typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bites, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced accident lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods. Our Ballwin, MO, accident lawyers are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Personal injury cases vary based on the situation, and any financial damages are involved. The personal injury attorneys in Ballwin, MO, support victims in the case of an injury.
Who is Liable to Pay Damages?
Fault depends on how the accident happened, where it happened, and how bad the damage is. If you are part of a truck accident, for instance, it is important to figure out who is to blame. This is where HK Law's personal injury attorneys in Ballwin, MO, come into play. Was it the truck driver, the driver's company, the road? That's why our firm has your back.
You may be able to seek damages by either pursuing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance or filing a lawsuit against them in the city of Ballwin; however, it may difficult to know if you have a right to a claim in either situation.
In order to succeed, you must meet two essential elements: damages and fault. For example, an individual, company, or employee(s) of a business must commit a wrongful act or fail at their duty to prevent dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held liable for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must meet time restrictions set forth under MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For an Injury Claim in Ballwin, MO?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Ballwin, MO, accidents attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused physical, mental, and financial harm. The two main types of compensation an injury attorney in Ballwin, MO, provide includes the following:
- Special Damages: Economic or "special" damages often include lost wages, medical expenses, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions. When you begin a case, our team will help you get these items in order.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Ballwin, MO, injury lawyers consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to document everything you can regarding your health and well-being to justify general damages.
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
Below are other legal services our firm provides:
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Ballwin, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
These large insurance companies have a vested interest in limiting their liability and will therefore pressure you into accepting a settlement offer that might not be in your long-term best interests. Without someone on your side, you could lose out on getting sufficient coverage for your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of unfair denials, mountains of paperwork, complicated details, and unexpected obstacles. With our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as easy as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced Ballwin personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can determine if you have sufficient evidence to effectively seek damages and prove fault. Contact our firm today.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.