O'Fallon, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in O'Fallon, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both severe and minor can result in staggering medical expenses, an inability to return to the job you once depended on, or permanent disfigurement and pain. We want to help you not only reclaim what you lost, but gain every possible opportunity moving forward. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Contact our O'Fallon, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in O'Fallon, MO, today..
If you or a loved one have been injured due to recklessness or negligence, our firm will be your voice. Please contact a personal injury attorney in O'Fallon, MO for help and a for a free, no-risk case evaluation. If we decide to take your case, it will be on a contingency fee basis which means you don’t have to pay fees up-front.
Common Personal Injury Claims in O'Fallon, MO
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why the Halvorsen Klote firm handles so many different kinds of cases, because we want to help as many people as we can that suffer needlessly.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a series of types of cases, including:
- Car and Truck Accidents: Vehicle-related accidents account for around 1.9 million injuries each year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents include semi trucks, speeding, distracted drivers, drugs and alcohol, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These cases typically involve dog bites, defective products, fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced accident lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items. Our O'Fallon, MO, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Personal injury claims vary based on the situation, and any financial damages are to follow. The personal injury attorneys in O'Fallon, MO, are here to represent victims and their families.
What is Liability?
Fault depends on how the accident happened, where it happened, and how bad the damage is. If you're part of a semi-truck crash, for instance, it is key to figure out who is to blame. That's where our personal injury attorneys in O'Fallon, MO, come into play. Was it the truck driver, the driver's company, the road? That's why our firm is here.
You may be able to seek damages by either pursuing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance or filing a lawsuit against them in the city of O'Fallon; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must meet two essential elements: fault and damages. For instance, an individual, company, or employee(s) of a business must perform a wrongful act or fail at their duty to prevent dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held responsible for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must fall within time restrictions set forth by MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can You Recover For an Injury Claim in O'Fallon, MO?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our O'Fallon, MO, accidents attorneys investigate at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused physical, mental, and financial harm. The two primary types of compensation an injury attorney in O'Fallon, MO, may provide includes the following:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages may include lost wages, medical expenses, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions. When you begin a case, our team will help you get these items in order.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our O'Fallon, MO, injury lawyers will consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to document everything you can regarding your health and well-being to justify general damages.
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
Below are other legal services we provide:
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
O'Fallon, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
These big insurance companies will do anything they can to limit their liability and will therefore pressure you to make quick decisions on a settlement offer that may not be in your best interests long-term. Without effective legal representation, you may lose out on gaining sufficient compensation to cover your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of unfair denials, mountains of paperwork, complicated details, and unexpected obstacles. In our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as simple as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced O'Fallon personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can discover if you have sufficient evidence to effectively seek damages and prove fault. Contact our firm now.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. Our firm has settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.