Washington, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Washington, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both minor and severe may result in staggering medical expenses, an inability to return to the job you once depended on, or permanent disfigurement and pain. Regardless of the scale of the loss you’ve endured, you are equally deserving of rights and just compensation under the law. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Contact our Washington, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Washington, MO, today..
If you or a loved one have been hurt due to recklessness or negligence, HK Law's team is prepared to act on your behalf. Please contact a personal injury attorney in Washington, MO for assistance and a for a free, no-risk case consultation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Washington, MO
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why the Halvorsen Klote firm manages personal injury claims of all types, because we want to help injury victims and their families.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a series of types of cases, including:
- Car and Truck Accidents: Vehicular crashes account for an average of 1.9 million accidents each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These claims typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bites, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced accident lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods. Our Washington, MO, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Personal injury claims vary based on the scenario, and whatever financial damages are involved. The personal injury attorneys in Washington, MO, injury victims.
What is Liability?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you are part of a truck accident, for example, it's important to figure out who is to blame. This is where our personal injury attorneys in Washington, MO, come into play. Was it the truck driver, the driver's company, the road? That is why our firm has your back.
You can recover damages by either filing a personal injury claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company or by filing a personal injury lawsuit against them in the Washington courts; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must be able to prove two critical items: damages and fault. For instance, an individual, company, or employee(s) of a business must commit a wrongful act or fail at their duty to prevent dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held liable for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must fall within time restrictions set forth by MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Case in Washington, MO?
It is Halvorsen Klote's responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Washington, MO, accidents attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused physical, mental, and financial harm. The two primary types of compensation an injury attorney in Washington, MO, may provide includes the following:
- Special Damages: Economic or "special" damages often include lost wages, medical expenses, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is another reason why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions. When you begin a case, our team will help you get these items in order.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Washington, MO, accident lawyers consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It is helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
Below are other services our firm provides:
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Washington, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
These large insurance companies have a vested interest in limiting their liability and will therefore pressure you into accepting a settlement offer that may not be in your long-term best interests. Without effective legal representation, you may lose out on gaining sufficient compensation to cover your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of paperwork, unexpected obstacles, unfair denials, and complicated details. In our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as easy as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced Washington personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can determine if you have sufficient evidence to appropriately seek damages and prove fault. Contact our firm today.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.