Centralia, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Centralia, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both severe and minor may result in an inability to return to the job you once depended upon, high medical expenses, or permanent pain and disfigurement. Regardless of the scale of the loss you’ve endured, you are equally deserving of rights and just compensation under the law. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Contact our Centralia, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Centralia, MO, today..
If you or a loved one have been injured because of recklessness or negligence, our firm will be your voice. Feel free to contact a personal injury attorney in Centralia, MO for assistance and a for a free, no-risk case consultation. If we decide to take your case, it will be on a contingency fee basis which means you don’t have to pay fees up-front.
Personal Injury Claims We Manage in Centralia, MO
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why the Halvorsen Klote firm handles so many different kinds of cases, because we want to help as many people as we can that suffer needlessly.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a number of case types, including:
- Car and Truck Accidents: Vehicular crashes account for about 1.9 million accidents each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These cases typically involve dog bites, defective products, fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced accident lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods. Halvorsen Kote's Centralia, MO, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Personal injury cases vary based on the situation, and whatever financial damages are involved. The personal injury attorneys in Centralia, MO, injury victims.
Who is Liable to Pay Damages?
Fault depends on how the accident happened, where it happened, and how bad the damage is. If you are part of a semi-truck crash, for instance, it's important to figure out who is to blame. That's where HK Law's personal injury attorneys in Centralia, MO, come into play. Was it the truck driver, the driver's company, the road? That's why our firm has your back.
You can recover damages by either filing a personal injury claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company or by filing a personal injury lawsuit against them in the Centralia courts; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must be able to prove two critical items: fault and damages. For instance, a person, business, or employee(s) of a company must commit a wrongful act or default on their duty to prevent dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held accountable for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must meet time restrictions set forth under MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can You Recover For an Injury Case in Centralia, MO?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Centralia, MO, accidents attorneys look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused financial and physical harm. The two main types of compensation an accident attorney in Centralia, MO, may provide includes the following:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include any loss of financial earnings, medical expenses, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions. Our attorneys help victims organize all of this information.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Centralia, MO, accident attorneys consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It is advisable to document everything you can regarding your health and well-being to justify general damages.
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
Below are other legal services we provide:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Centralia, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
These large insurance companies will do anything they can to limit their liability and will therefore pressure you to make quick decisions on a settlement offer that may not be in your best interests long-term. Without someone on your side, you could lose out on getting sufficient coverage for your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of paperwork, unexpected obstacles, unfair denials, and complicated details. In our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as simple as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced Centralia personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can discover if you have enough evidence to effectively seek damages and prove fault. Contact us now.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Attorney at Law
Samantha Orlowski is a practicing attorney Halvorsen Klote.
Samantha joined Halvorsen Klote in 2018 as a law clerk and has since become a practicing attorney. Sam's number one priority is to provide individualized experiences for each client to achieve the best results.