Injury Claim Lawyer Centralia, MO
Centralia, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | Centralia, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Centralia, MO. No one expects to be injured, but when they are it creates sudden and devastating economic, physical and emotional hardships. It's normal to be angry when your injuries are caused by someone else's negligence. Missouri and Illinois law allows for a channel for injured victims to get compensation for their injuries in the form of personal injury claims. Usually, it can be difficult for Centralia, MO residents to receive fair compensation without the aid of an injury claim lawyer. At Halvorsen Klote, we have dedicated our lives to getting clients in Missouri and Southern Illinois a full financial recovery, and providing them with the same high standard of legal representation as large insurance companies. If you were injured because someone else was negligent, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Leading Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Centralia, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims are legal claims seeking restitution for injuries caused by someone else's careless, reckless, or willful actions. While determining who is at fault depends on the specific circumstances of your injury, most cases will be decided by law governing one of a number of common accident types. Some of the most frequent cases our injury claim lawyer team delivers maximum compensation for our clients in in Centralia, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
No matter how your injuries transpired, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Centralia, MO to get you the best possible financial recovery. To take the first step in recovering restitution for your injuries, contact us as soon as possible so we can start working on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Centralia, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Not all injuries and accidents are cause for an injury or accident claim; you must demonstrate that another party is liable for your damages. In order for your case to be successful, your injury claim lawyer must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Confirming a duty of care is the first step in a personal injury claim. You must show that the defendant had a responsibility to refrain from acts that could foreseeably harm you. If you were injured in an auto accident, the other driver automatically had a responsibility, as both Missouri and Illinois have put into law that drivers owe other drivers, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians a duty of care. Other relationships, such as between a doctor and patient or a property owner and visitor, have defined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: After establishing a breach of duty, you have to demonstrate that the person who owed you a duty of care behaved in a way that was unreasonable or committed an act that was against the law.
- Cause in Fact: Following that, you must demonstrate that were it not for the defendant's actions or inaction, you would not have incurred any damages. Meaning, if a driver had not been drunk, or a defective product had been recalled, you would not have incurred the damages for which you are making a claim.
- Proximate Cause: This refers to the defendant's responsibility for the cause in fact. A doctor may not be held accountable if they followed standard procedures, even if they missed a diagnosis.
- Damages: The last thing you need to demonstrate is that you incurred damages. In a personal injury lawsuit, that means you have to provide documentation of your injuries. If a dog nips at you and you only receive a minor cut that doesn't get infected, you likely do not have a claim because you did not receive any actual damages.
Every Centralia, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to demonstrate the five elements of negligence and get you the maximum compensation you are entitled to. If don't know whether or not your injuries can be attributed to someone else's negligence, call an injury claim lawyer as soon as you can. Our consultation is free, so there's no risk in calling us to discuss your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions | Centralia, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Most of our Centralia, MO clients have never had to make an injury claim before and are uncertain about what the whole process entails. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Centralia, MO:
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the specifics of your accident, the scope of your damages and the talent and dedication of your Centralia, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you recover compensation for:
- Property damage, like damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss from time spent recovering
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical bills, such as:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Centralia, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to correctly value the full extent of your damages and secure you the full financial recovery you are owed.
What's the Time Limit to File a Personal Injury Claim?
There are some noteworthy exceptions in each state, but it is essential to contact an injury claim lawyer in Centralia, MO right away after being in an accident so that the clock does not run out.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
We've all heard the phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt." That's the burden of proof that juries and judges are held to in criminal cases so that there is no chance that an innocent person is imprisoned. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the the pertinent burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a fact-finder — whoever makes the final decision in your case — must find only that there is a more than than 50 percent chance that the claim is true.
That means that if a drunk driver avoids a criminal conviction because of errors in police work, you can still pursue compensation from them in a civil court.
If you and your injury claim lawyer choose to seek punitive damages, you must provide clear and convincing evidence, which is a higher standard than preponderance of the evidence but lower than beyond a reasonable doubt.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that can vary based on the individual circumstances of your claim. The Bureau of Justice Statistics found that the vast majority of tort cases are settled before they ever get in front of a judge and jury. If the parties settle, you can receive compensation within a few months, while you might have to wait for up to two years if a case in Centralia, MO goes to court. If your injuries do not cause permanent disability, your injury claim lawyer may recommend waiting until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you can be compensated for your full medical bills.
What's the Process of a Personal Injury Claim?
Typically, after you've been injured by somebody else's reckless actions in Centralia, MO, you can expect the process to unfold as follows:
- You get medical treatment (and continue treatment as long as necessary).
- You speak to an injury claim lawyer.
- The lawyer carries out an investigation into your case and collects evidence, for instance police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer writes an official settlement demand letter.
- If the settlement demand is not met, your injury claim lawyer may choose to negotiate or may immediately file a lawsuit.
- Your lawyer enters the discovery phase, where they acquire more evidence and obtain expert testimony.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the insurance company enter negotiations before a neutral party in mediation.
- We take your case in front of a judge and jury if we do not get you a fair settlement offer in negotiations.
Can I Still Get Compensation if I Was Partially Liable?
Yes. Missouri is a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your compensation will be taken out by the percent of responsibility you bear for the accident. Meaning, if a jury decides your damages come to $100,000 but decides you were 30 percent at fault, you will only collect $70,000. Illinois is similar, but is a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive a financial recovery if you are more than half liable.
How Much Do Injury Claim Lawyers Charge? | Centralia, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You may be worried about employing the services of a lawyer in Centralia, MO because you're already paying for medical expenses and might not be able to work at the moment because of your injuries. An advantage to enlisting the services of an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, as opposed to corporate attorneys in Centralia, MO, we are paid with a contingency fee. That means three things:
- We require no upfront fees. Because we don't charge an hourly amount, we take a percentage of the compensation you receive — only after we win or settle your case.
- You owe us nothing if we do not win your case. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only gets paid by using their talent and dedication to attain the best possible results.
- We only take cases on when we honestly believe we will be able to considerably increase your compensation . We take on the risk of using our resources on your behalf, and we'll always be straightforward with you and will never mislead you.
No matter what your current economic situation may be, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Centralia, MO will be by your side and fight for you to get you the great results you are entitled to.
Take a look at the links below to find out what other services we offer in Centralia, MO:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Call HK Law Today
Centralia, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You shouldn't have to pay because someone else was negligent and injured you. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Centralia, MO, we start investigating your claim right away and stay in communication with you throughout the entire process. We make sure you understand your claim and the law so you can make the best decision for you and your Centralia, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Centralia, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.