Injury Claim Lawyer Bourbon, MO
Bourbon, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | Bourbon, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Bourbon, MO. No one anticipates being injured, but when they are it creates sudden and severe financial, physical and emotional hardships. It's normal to be angry when your injuries are the consequence of someone else's negligent behavior. Missouri and Illinois law offers a channel for injured victims to collect compensation for their injuries in the form of personal injury claims. Usually, you'll need the aid of an injury claim lawyer in Bourbon, MO to get the most value for your claim. At Halvorsen Klote, we have devoted our careers to getting clients in Missouri and Southern Illinois great compensation, and providing them with the same high standard of legal representation as large insurance companies. If you were injured through no fault of your own, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Common Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Bourbon, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims refer to are the manner through which you can seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's incautious, reckless, or willful actions. While each accident and each injury claim is unique, most cases will be decided by law governing one of a number of common categories. Some of the most common cases our injury claim lawyer team gets great compensation for in Bourbon, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Regardless of how your injuries occurred, your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Bourbon, MO has seen it before. If you've been harmed because of somebody else's negligence, get in touch with us as soon as possible so we can get started on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Bourbon, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Not all injuries and accidents are cause for an injury or accident claim; you must show that another party is responsible for your damages. In order for your injury claim lawyer to win your case, they must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Demonstrating a duty of care is necessary in winning a personal injury claim. You must demonstrate that the defendant had a duty to keep you safe. This is automatic in auto accident claims, as both Missouri and Illinois have put forth that drivers owe other drivers, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians a duty of care. Other relationships, a doctor-patient relationship or that between a property manager and visitor, have legally defined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: Next, you must show that the person who had a responsibility to your safety behaved in a way that was unreasonable or committed an act that was against the law.
- Cause in Fact: The third step is showing that if the other party had acted differently, you would not have been injured. For instance, if a driver had not been drunk, or a defective product had been recalled, you would not have incurred the damages for which you are making a claim.
- Proximate Cause: This relates to whether the cause in fact was really the the other party's fault. If a property owner had no way of knowing of a hazardous condition they may not be liable.
- Damages: The last aspect of negligence is that you sustained damages. In a personal injury case, that means you have to provide documentation of your injuries. If a dog nips at you and you only receive a minor cut that doesn't get infected, you likely will not be able to bring a valid claim because you did not sustain any actual injury.
Every Bourbon, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and get great results in every type of personal injury case. If you're unsure if your injuries can be attributed to someone else's negligence, you need to consult with an injury claim lawyer right away. Our case reviews are free, so they're no-risk, no-obligation.
Frequently Asked Questions | Bourbon, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
When we take on a new case in Bourbon, MO, it's typically somebody who has never experienced an injury claim and is naturally uncertain about what the whole process entails. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Bourbon, MO:
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your case, the significance of your injuries and the experience and knowledge of your Bourbon, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you be awarded compensation for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your car
- Wage loss from time spent recovering
- Decreased earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, for example:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your Bourbon, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to correctly value the full extent of your damages and deliver you the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Both states offer rare exceptions for age or disability, but it is imperative to reach out to an injury claim lawyer in Bourbon, MO right away after an injury so that the time limit does not run out.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
We've all heard the phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt." That's the burden of proof that juries and judges are held to in criminal court to protect innocent people from jail. Personal injury claims are settled and tried in civil court, and the the pertinent burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a fact-finder — whoever makes the final decision in your case — must find only that the claim is more likely than not to be true.
So, if a drunk driver gets out of their criminal case because of errors in police work, you can still seek restitution from them in a civil claim.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you pursue punitive damages, you must provide clear and convincing evidence, which is a higher standard than preponderance of the evidence but lower than beyond a reasonable doubt.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that can change based on the specifics of your case. The Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that almost all tort claims are settled before they go to trial. If the parties settle, you can receive compensation within a few months, while you might have to wait for up to two years if a case in Bourbon, MO goes to trial. If your injuries do not lead to permanent disability, it might be preferable to wait until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you can be compensated for your full medical expenses.
How do Personal Injury Claims Work?
Typically, following an injury caused by another person's negligence in Bourbon, MO, you can expect the process to unfold as follows:
- You get medical care (and keep with it until you have fully recovered).
- You speak to an injury claim lawyer.
- The attorney conducts an investigation into your case and collects evidence, such as police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer sends an official settlement demand letter.
- If the the insurance company does not agree with the settlement demand, your injury claim lawyer may choose to negotiate or may immediately file a lawsuit.
- Your lawyer enters the discovery phase, where they gather more evidence and obtain expert testimony.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the insurance company enter negotiations in front of a neutral intermediary in mediation.
- We take your case in front of a judge and jury if we cannot secure a fair settlement offer in negotiations.
Can I Still Get Compensation if I Was Partially Liable?
Yes. Missouri is what is called a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your financial recovery will be diminished by the portion of fault you bear for the accident. So if a jury awards you $100,000 but establishes you were 30 percent responsible, you will only recover $70,000. Illinois is similar, but is a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you can only receive a financial recovery if you are less than 50 percent liable.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Bourbon, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are anxious about employing the services of a lawyer in Bourbon, MO because you're already paying for medical expenses and might not be able to work at the moment because of your injuries. A benefit of hiring an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, in contrast to other lawyers in Bourbon, MO, we work on a contingency fee basis. There are three chief advantages to that:
- We charge no upfront fees. Because we don't charge an hourly amount, we are paid with percentage of the financial recovery you are awarded — but not before we win or settle your claim.
- You owe us nothing if we do not secure a successful resolution for your case. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only earns a living by employing their talent and dedication to achieve a successful resolution in your case.
- We won't take on your case unless we genuinely believe we can add substantially more value to your claim . We accept the risk of employing our resources to win your case, and we'll always be honest with you and will never mislead you.
Whatever your present economic situation may be, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Bourbon, MO will be by your side and fight on your behalf to get you the great results you are owed.
Take a look at the links below to see what other services we offer in Bourbon, MO:
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Call HK Law Today
Bourbon, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You shouldn't have to pay because someone else was negligent and injured you. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Bourbon, MO, we start investigating your case immediately and maintain an open and consistent line of communication with you until we secure a successful resolution. We give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your Bourbon, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Bourbon, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.