Injury Claim Lawyer Herculaneum, MO
Herculaneum, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | Herculaneum, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Herculaneum, MO. No one anticipates being injured, but when they are it creates unforeseen and severe financial, physical and emotional burdens. It can be infuriating when your injuries are caused by someone else's reckless action or inaction. Missouri and Illinois law provide an avenue for injured victims to secure compensation for their damages by means of personal injury claims. In most cases, it can be difficult for Herculaneum, MO residents to receive fair compensation without the help of an injury claim lawyer. At Halvorsen Klote, we have dedicated our lives to getting clients in Missouri and Southern Illinois great compensation, and providing them with the same high standard of legal representation as large insurance companies. If you were injured because someone else was negligent, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Top Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Herculaneum, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims are are the manner through which you can seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's negligent, reckless, or intentional behavior. While each accident and each injury claim is different, most cases will be decided by law governing one of several common accident types. Some of the most frequent cases our injury claim lawyer team delivers maximum compensation for our clients in in Herculaneum, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Whatever how your injuries transpired, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Herculaneum, MO to know how maximize the value of your claim. To take the first step in recovering restitution for your injuries, call us right away so we can get started on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Herculaneum, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Not all injuries and accidents are cause for an injury or accident claim; you must demonstrate that someone else is liable for your damages. In order for your case to be successful, your injury claim lawyer must how the other party's action or inaction constitutes the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Demonstrating a duty of care is necessary in winning your claim. You must demonstrate that the defendant had a duty to keep you safe. This is a given in auto accident claims, as both Missouri and Illinois have stipulated that drivers owe everyone else on the road a duty of care. Other relationships, such as between a doctor and patient or a property owner and customer, have preestablished duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: After establishing a breach of duty, you must demonstrate that the person who had an obligation to your safety did not act as a reasonable person would or as the law stipulated.
- Cause in Fact: The third step is showing that were it not for the defendant's actions or inaction, you would not have suffered any injuries. For example, if a driver had not run a red light, or a doctor had diagnosed you on time, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This relates to whether the cause in fact was really the the other party's fault. A doctor may not be held to blame if they followed standard procedures, even if they missed a diagnosis.
- Damages: The last aspect of negligence is that you suffered damages. In a personal injury claim, that means you have to provide documentation of your injuries. If you were sideswiped and the only consequence was minor cosmetic damage to your car, you probably do not have a claim because you did not receive any actual injury.
Every Herculaneum, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and get great results in every type of personal injury case. If don't know whether or not you have a claim, reach out to an injury claim lawyer as soon as possible. Our case reviews are free, so they're no-risk, no-obligation.
Frequently Asked Questions | Herculaneum, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
When we take on a new case in Herculaneum, MO, it's usually somebody who has never experienced an injury claim and is naturally uncertain about what the whole process entails. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Herculaneum, MO:
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Collect?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your accident, the scope of your damages and the expertise of your Herculaneum, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can receive a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your car
- Wage loss from time spent recovering
- Lowered earning potential if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical bills, for instance:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your Herculaneum, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to correctly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
What's the Time Limit to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Both states offer rare exceptions for age or disability, but it is imperative to get in touch with an injury claim lawyer in Herculaneum, MO right away after an injury so that the time limit does not run out.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
The phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt" is ubiquitous in American culture. That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must abide by in criminal cases to protect innocent people from imprisonment. Personal injury claims are settled and tried in civil court, and the the relevant burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a jury or insurance adjuster must find only that there is a greater than 50 percent chance that the claim is true.
That means that if a drunk driver gets out of their criminal case because of mistakes in a police reports, you can still seek compensation from them in a civil case.
If you and your injury claim lawyer decide to pursue punitive damages, you must show clear and convincing evidence, which means that the jury or insurance adjuster are left with a firm belief that the claim is most likely true.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that will change based on the individual circumstances of your case. The Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that 96 percent of tort cases are settled before they go to trial. If the parties settle, you can receive compensation within a few months, while a case that makes it to trial in Herculaneum, MO can take up to two years. If your injuries do not have lifelong consequences, it might be a good idea to wait until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full value of all of your medical bills.
What's the Timeline for a Personal Injury Claim?
usually, after you've been injured by another person's careless behavior in Herculaneum, MO, you can expect the process to proceed as follows:
- You get medical attention (and continue treatment as long as necessary).
- You discuss your claim with an injury claim lawyer.
- The attorney carries out an investigation into your case and obtains evidence, for example police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer sends a formal settlement demand letter.
- If the the insurance company refuses to pay the settlement demand, your injury claim lawyer will decide if the best course of action is to attempt to negotiate or file a lawsuit.
- The discovery phase starts, wherein your lawyer gathers further evidence and collects expert opinions.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the the other party negotiate in front of an impartial intermediary in mediation.
- We take your case in front of a judge and jury if the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
Can I Still Get Compensation if I Was Partially at Fault?
Yes. Missouri is what is referred to a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your compensation will be deducted by the percent of blame you bear for your injury. So if a jury decides your damages add up to $100,000 but finds you were 30 percent at fault, you will only recover $70,000. Illinois is called a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you can only receive a financial recovery if you are less than half at fault.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Herculaneum, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are apprehensive about whether or not you can afford legal representation in Herculaneum, MO because the medical bills and lost wages are piling up and you're not sure you can afford an attorney. An advantage to hiring an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, in contrast to other lawyers in Herculaneum, MO, we work on a contingency fee basis. That means three things:
- We require no upfront fees. Instead of getting an hourly amount, we are paid with portion of the compensation you collect — only after you get paid.
- We charge nothing if we do not win your case. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only gets paid by employing their expertise to reach a successful resolution in your case.
- We won't take on your case unless we truly believe we can add considerably more value to your claim . We accept the risk of employing our resources to win your case, and we'll always be honest with you and will never mislead you.
No matter what your present financial status may be, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Herculaneum, MO will be by your side and fight on your behalf to get you the great results you deserve.
Take a look at the links below to discover what other services we offer in Herculaneum, MO:
Call HK Law Today
Herculaneum, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You shouldn't have to pay because someone else was negligent and injured you. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Herculaneum, MO, we start building your claim immediately and stay in communication with you throughout the entire process. We make sure you understand your claim and the law so you can do the best thing for you and your Herculaneum, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Herculaneum, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.