Injury Claim Lawyer Webster Groves, MO
Webster Groves, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | Webster Groves, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Webster Groves, MO. Injuries can happen to anyone almost anytime, creating sudden and devastating economic, physical and emotional hardships. It's normal to be angry when your injuries are caused by someone else's careless action or inaction. Missouri and Illinois law allows for an outlet for injured victims to secure compensation for their injuries through personal injury claims. Usually, it can be difficult for Webster Groves, MO residents to recover fair compensation without the aid of an injury claim lawyer. At Halvorsen Klote, we have devoted our lives to offering the injured and vulnerable in Missouri and Southern Illinois the highest level of legal representation that rivals and surpasses that of large insurance companies. If you were injured because someone else was negligent, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Top Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Webster Groves, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims refer to the process one goes through to seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's negligent, reckless, or deliberate behavior. While each accident and each injury claim is different, most cases will be decided by law governing one of several common accident types. Some of the most frequent cases our injury claim lawyer team takes on in Webster Groves, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Whatever the cause of your injuries, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Webster Groves, MO to know how maximize the value of your claim. To take the first step in recovering restitution for your injuries, reach out to us as soon as possible so we can start working on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Webster Groves, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot make a claim for any injury or accident; you must show that another party is at fault for your damages. In order for your case to be successful, your injury claim lawyer must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Demonstrating a duty of care is the first step in a personal injury claim. You must show that the defendant had a duty to your safety. If you were injured in an auto accident, the other driver automatically had a responsibility, as both Missouri and Illinois have established that drivers owe everyone else on the road a duty of care. Other associations, such as between a doctor and patient or a property owner and customer, have predetermined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: The second step, you need to demonstrate that the person who owed you a duty of care behaved in a way that was unreasonable or did something against the law.
- Cause in Fact: Following that, you must demonstrate that were it not for the defendant's actions or inaction, you would not have been injured. For instance, if a driver had not been distracted, or a doctor had diagnosed you correctly, you would not have incurred the damages for which you are making a claim.
- Proximate Cause: This relates to liable for the cause in fact. If a property owner had no way of knowing of a hazardous condition they may not be at fault.
- Damages: The last thing you need to prove is that you sustained damages. In a personal injury case, that means you were injured. If you were sideswiped and the only consequence was minor cosmetic damage to your car, you probably will not be able to file a valid claim because you did not receive any actual damages.
Every Webster Groves, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to prove negligence and get you the maximum compensation you are entitled to. If you're uncertain if your injuries can be attributed to someone else's negligence, reach out to an injury claim lawyer as soon as you can. We don't charge anything for evaluating your case, so there's no risk in calling us to discuss your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions | Webster Groves, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
The majority of our Webster Groves, MO clients have never had to make an injury claim before and are unsure about what the whole process entails. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Webster Groves, MO:
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Collect?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your case, the scope of your damages and the talent and drive of your Webster Groves, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can be awarded a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, like damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss from time spent recovering
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical expenses, for example:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Webster Groves, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and secure you the full compensation you deserve.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
There are some notably exceptions in each state, but it is paramount to reach out to an injury claim lawyer in Webster Groves, MO right away after being in an accident so that you do not bring complications to your case.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
We've all heard the phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt." That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must follow in criminal court to protect innocent people from incarceration. Personal injury claims are settled and tried in civil court, and the burden of proof is called a preponderance of the evidence. Under that standard a fact-finder — whoever makes the final decision in your case — must find only that the claim is more likely than not to be true.
That means that if a drunk driver avoids a criminal conviction because of errors in a police reports, you can still seek compensation from them in a civil claim.
If you and your injury claim lawyer decide to pursue punitive damages, you must show clear and convincing evidence, which is a higher standard than preponderance of the evidence but lower than beyond a reasonable doubt.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that will vary based on the particulars of your claim. The Bureau of Justice Statistics found that nearly all tort suits are settled out of court. If the parties settle, you can receive compensation within a few months, while you might have to wait for up to two years if a case in Webster Groves, MO goes to court. If your injuries do not have lifelong consequences, it might be best to wait until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full value of all of your medical expenses.
What's the Timeline for a Personal Injury Claim?
usually, following an injury caused by another person's careless actions in Webster Groves, MO, you can expect the process to proceed as follows:
- You receive medical attention (and continue care as long as necessary).
- You discuss your injuries with an injury claim lawyer.
- The lawyer investigates your claim and collects evidence, such as police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer makes an official settlement demand letter.
- If the settlement demand is denied, your injury claim lawyer will decide if the best idea is to attempt to negotiate or file a lawsuit.
- Your lawyer enters the discovery phase, where they gather futher evidence and obtain expert testimony.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the the other party enter negotiations in front of an unbiased intermediary in mediation.
- We take your case to trial if the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
Can I Still Recover Compensation if I Was Partially at Fault?
Yes. Missouri is what is referred to a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your compensation will be deducted by the portion of blame you bear for your injury. Meaning, if a jury awards you $100,000 but determines you were 30 percent to blame, you will only collect $70,000. Illinois is similar, but is a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive a financial recovery if you are over half liable.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Webster Groves, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You might be anxious about whether or not you can afford legal representation in Webster Groves, MO because you're already paying for medical expenses and might not be able to work at the moment because of your injuries. A benefit of enlisting the services of an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, as opposed to corporate attorneys in Webster Groves, MO, we work on a contingency fee basis. There are three chief advantages to that:
- We charge no upfront fees. Instead of getting an hourly rate, we take a portion of the compensation you are awarded — only after we win or settle your claim.
- You owe us nothing if we do not win your case. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only earns a living by utilizing their talent and dedication to attain a successful resolution in your case.
- We only take cases on when we sincerely believe we can add significantly more value to your claim . We assume the risk of using our resources to win your case, and we won't make promises we can't keep or mislead you.
Regardless of what your present financial circumstances may be, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Webster Groves, MO will take on your case and fight with all of our resources to see you get the great results you deserve.
Click on the links below to see what other services we offer in Webster Groves, MO:
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Call HK Law Today
Webster Groves, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You shouldn't have to pay because someone else was negligent and injured you. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Webster Groves, MO, we beging working on your case immediately and stay in communication with you until we secure a successful resolution. We make sure you understand your claim and the law so you can make the best decision for you and your Webster Groves, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Webster Groves, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.