Injury Claim Lawyer Manchester, MO
Manchester, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | Manchester, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Manchester, MO. Injuries can happen to anyone almost anytime, creating sudden and harsh economic, physical and emotional hardships. It can be maddening when your injuries are caused by someone else's reckless actions. Missouri and Illinois law allows for an avenue for injured victims to get a financial recovery for their injuries by way of personal injury claims. In most cases, you'll need the assistance of an injury claim lawyer in Manchester, MO to get the most value for your claim. At Halvorsen Klote, we have pledged our lives to getting clients in Missouri and Southern Illinois a full financial recovery, and providing them with the same high standard of legal representation as large insurance companies. If you were injured through no fault of your own, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Leading Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Manchester, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims are are the manner through which you can seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's careless, reckless, or willful behavior. While each accident and each injury claim is different, most cases will be decided by law governing one of a number of common categories. Some of the most frequent cases our injury claim lawyer team delivers maximum compensation for our clients in in Manchester, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Regardless of the cause of your injuries, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Manchester, MO to know how maximize the value of your claim. In order to get the best results for your claim, reach out to us as soon as possible so we can start working on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Manchester, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot make a claim for any injury or accident; you must demonstrate that someone else is to blame for your damages. In order for your claim to be successful, your injury claim lawyer must how the other party's action or inaction constitutes the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Demonstrating a duty of care is the first step in your claim. You must show that the defendant had a duty to keep you safe. This is automatic in auto accident claims, as both Missouri and Illinois have put forth that motorists owe other drivers, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians a duty of care. Other associations, a doctor-patient relationship or that between a property manager and customer, have defined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: Next, you need to demonstrate that the person who had a responsibility to your safety did not act as a reasonable person would or as the law demands.
- Cause in Fact: The third step is showing that if the other party had behaved differently, you would not have suffered any injuries. For example, if a driver had not run a red light, or if a restaurant manager had put a "wet floor" sign up, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This relates to liable for the cause in fact. A doctor may not be held accountable if they followed standard procedures, even if they missed a diagnosis.
- Damages: The last thing you need to prove is that you incurred damages. In a personal injury lawsuit, that means you were injured. If you were sideswiped and the only consequence was minor cosmetic damage to your car, you probably will not be able to file a sound claim because you did not incur any real damages.
Every Manchester, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and get great results in every type of personal injury claim. If don't know whether or not another party bears responsibility for your damages, call an injury claim lawyer as soon as possible. We don't charge anything for evaluating your case, so there's no risk in calling us to discuss your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions | Manchester, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Most of our Manchester, MO clients have never had to make an injury claim before and are uncertain about what the whole process entails. Read on below for some FAQs from your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Manchester, MO:
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Collect?
That will vary depending on the individual circumstances of your accident, the severity of your injuries and the expertise of your Manchester, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can collect compensation for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical bills, for example:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Manchester, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and secure you the complete compensation you are entitled to.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims?
There are some notably exceptions in each state, but it is vital to call an injury claim lawyer in Manchester, MO immediately after an injury so that you do not bring complications to your case.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
The phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt" is ubiquitous in American culture. That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must observe in criminal court so that there is no chance that an innocent person is sent to prison. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the the pertinent burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. Pursuant to that standard a jury or insurance adjuster must find only that the claim is more likely than not to be true.
That means that if a drunk driver gets out of their criminal case because of mistakes in a police reports, you can still hold them accountable in a civil claim.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you pursue punitive damages, you must provide clear and convincing evidence, which is a higher standard than preponderance of the evidence but lower than beyond a reasonable doubt.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that depends on the particulars of your injury. The Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that nearly all tort cases are settled before they ever get in front of a judge and jury. If the parties settle, a claim can be resolved within a few months, while you might have to wait for up to two years if a case in Manchester, MO goes to trial. If your injuries do not have a permanent affect on your life, it might be best to wait until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you can be compensated for your full medical bills.
What's the Process of a Personal Injury Claim?
Typically, after you've been injured by somebody else's reckless actions in Manchester, MO, you can expect the process to unfold as follows:
- You get medical attention (and keep with it until you have completely recovered).
- You discuss your claim with an injury claim lawyer.
- The attorney conducts an investigation into your case and obtains evidence, including police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer sends an official settlement demand letter.
- If the settlement demand is denied, your injury claim lawyer will decide if the best plan of attack is to attempt to negotiate or file a lawsuit.
- Your lawyer enters the discovery phase, where they acquire futher evidence and obtain expert testimony.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the the other party enter negotiations in front of an impartial party in mediation.
- We take your case in front of a judge and jury if the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
Can I Still Collect Compensation if I Was Partially Liable?
Yes. Missouri is what is referred to a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your financial recovery will be diminished by the percent of blame you bear for your injury. Meaning, if a jury decides your damages come to $100,000 but determines you were 30 percent responsible, you will only receive $70,000. Illinois is considered a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you can only receive compensation if you are less than 50 percent responsible.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Manchester, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are worried about hiring a lawyer in Manchester, MO because you're already paying for medical expenses and might not be able to work at the moment because of your injuries. An advantage to hiring an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, as opposed to criminal defense lawyers in Manchester, MO, we charge a contingency fee. That means three things:
- We do not charge anything in advance of services. Because we don't receive an hourly amount, we take a portion of the financial recovery you collect — only after we win or settle your claim.
- You owe us nothing if we do not win your case. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only makes a profit by employing their expertise to attain a successful resolution in your case.
- We only take cases on when we truly believe we will be able to significantly increase your compensation . We take on the risk of employing our resources for you, and we won't make promises we can't keep or mislead you.
No matter what your current economic situation may be, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Manchester, MO will be by your side and fight on your behalf to get you the great results you deserve.
Check out the links below to see what other services we offer in Manchester, MO:
Call HK Law Today
Manchester, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You shouldn't have to pay because someone else was negligent and injured you. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Manchester, MO, we start working on your case immediately and stay in communication with you throughout the entire process. We give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your Manchester, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Manchester, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.