Injury Claim Lawyer Fenton, MO
Fenton, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | Fenton, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Fenton, MO. No one expects to be injured, but when they are it creates unforeseen and devastating economic, physical and emotional hardships. It can be maddening when your injuries are caused by someone else's negligence. Missouri and Illinois law offers a channel for injured victims to receive compensation for their injuries in the form of personal injury claims. Most of the time, you'll need the help of an injury claim lawyer in Fenton, MO to get the most value for your claim. At Halvorsen Klote, we have committed our lives to offering the injured and vulnerable in Missouri and Southern Illinois the highest level of legal representation that rivals and surpasses that of large insurance companies. If you were injured through no fault of your own, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
Top Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Fenton, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims refer to are the manner through which you can seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's negligent, reckless, or deliberate actions. While each accident and each injury claim is unique, most cases will be decided by law governing one of a number of common categories. Some of the most frequent claims our injury claim lawyer team handles in Fenton, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Whatever how you sustained your injuries, your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Fenton, MO has seen it before. To take the first step in recovering restitution for your injuries, get in touch with us as soon as possible so we can start working on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Fenton, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot receive compensation for every injury; you must demonstrate that another party is at fault for your damages. In order for your claim to be successful, your injury claim lawyer must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Demonstrating a duty of care is predominant a personal injury claim. You must show that the defendant had an obligation to refrain from acts that could foreseeably harm you. This is automatic in auto accident claims, as both Missouri and Illinois have stipulated that drivers owe other drivers, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians a duty of care. Other relationships, a doctor-patient relationship or that between a property manager and customer, have legally defined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: After establishing a breach of duty, you have to show that the person who owed you a duty of care behaved in a way that was unreasonable or committed an act that was against the law.
- Cause in Fact: The third course of action is showing that if the other party had acted differently, you would not have been injured. For instance, if a driver had not been drunk, or a defective product had been recalled, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This relates to the defendant's responsibility for the cause in fact. A doctor may not be held accountable if they followed standard procedures, even if they missed a diagnosis.
- Damages: The last thing you need to demonstrate is that you incurred damages. In a personal injury claim, that means you were injured. If you were sideswiped and the only consequence was minor cosmetic damage to your vehicle, you probably will not be able to bring a sound claim because you did not sustain any real injury.
Every Fenton, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and win every type of personal injury claim. If you're unsure if your injuries can be attributed to someone else's negligence, you need to consult with an injury claim lawyer right away. Our case reviews are free, so they're no-risk, no-obligation.
Frequently Asked Questions | Fenton, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
When we get a new case in Fenton, MO, it's typically somebody who has never gone through an injury claim and is understandably unsure about what the whole process entails. Read on below for some FAQs from your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Fenton, MO:
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Recover?
That will vary depending on the individual circumstances of your accident, the extent of your damages and the talent and dedication of your Fenton, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can recover compensation for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your car
- Lost wages from time spent recovering
- Diminished earning potential if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical expenses, such as:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Fenton, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to precisely value the full extent of your damages and secure you the great financial recovery you are entitled to.
What's the Time Limit to File a Personal Injury Claim?
There are some noteworthy exceptions in each state, but it is vital to get in touch with an injury claim lawyer in Fenton, MO as soon as you can after being in an accident to avoid bringing difficulties to your case.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
The phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt" is ubiquitous in American culture. That's the burden of proof that juries and judges are held to in criminal cases to protect innocent people from incarceration. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the burden of proof is called a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a fact-finder — whoever makes the final decision in your case — must find only that there is a greater than 50 percent chance that the claim is true.
So, if a drunk driver evades a criminal conviction because of errors in a police reports, you can still hold them at fault in a civil case.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you pursue punitive damages, you must show clear and convincing evidence, which means that the fact finder are left with a firm belief that the claim is most likely true.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that depends on the specifics of your injury. The Bureau of Justice Statistics found that almost all tort suits are settled before they go to trial. A settlement may only take a few months, while you might have to wait for up to two years if a case in Fenton, MO goes to court. If your injuries do not have lifelong consequences, it might be best to wait until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full extent of your medical bills.
What's the Process of a Personal Injury Claim?
Generally, after you've been injured by another person's reckless behavior in Fenton, MO, the order of events is as follows:
- You get medical care (and continue care as long as necessary).
- You discuss your claim with an injury claim lawyer.
- The attorney investigates your case and acquires evidence, such as police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer sends an official settlement demand letter.
- If the settlement demand is not met, your injury claim lawyer will decide if the best idea is to attempt to negotiate or file a lawsuit.
- The discovery phase starts, wherein your attorney gathers further evidence and acquires expert testimony.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the the other party negotiate before an impartial intermediary in mediation.
- We take your case in front of a judge and jury if we cannot secure a fair settlement offer in negotiations.
Can I Still Recover Compensation if I Was Partially Liable?
Yes. Missouri is what is called a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your compensation will be reduced by the percent of fault you share. So if a jury awards you $100,000 but finds you were 30 percent to blame, you will only collect $70,000. Illinois is called a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive compensation if you are over half to blame.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Fenton, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are anxious about whether or not you can afford legal representation in Fenton, MO because the medical bills and lost wages are piling up and you're not sure you can afford an attorney. The great thing about hiring an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, in contrast to other attorneys in Fenton, MO, we work on a contingency fee basis. There are three main benefits to that:
- We charge no upfront fees. Because we don't charge an hourly amount, we take a portion of the financial recovery you are awarded — but not before we win or settle your case.
- We charge nothing if we do not secure a successful resolution for your claim. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only earns a living by employing their talent and drive to achieve a successful resolution in your case.
- We only take cases on when we sincerely believe we will be able to significantly increase your compensation . We assume the risk of using our resources for you, and we won't make promises we can't keep or mislead you.
Whatever your present economic status is, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Fenton, MO will be by your side and fight for you to get you the great results you are owed.
Click on the these links to discover what other services we offer in Fenton, MO:
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Call HK Law Today
Fenton, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You don't have to go through the complicated legal process alone. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Fenton, MO, we beging working on your claim right away and maintain an open and consistent line of communication with you until we secure a successful resolution. We make sure you understand your claim and the law so you can do what's best for you and your Fenton, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Fenton, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.