St. Louis Car Accident Attorneys
Missouri and Illinois Car Accident Lawyers
Call 877 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review | St. Louis Car Accident Lawyers.
Car Accident Lawyers in St. Louis. Auto accidents can be life-changing events. If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident in Missouri or Illinois it is important to understand your rights. Halvorsen Klote's car accident lawyers in St. Louis can guide you through the process and get compensation for your injuries. After receiving the proper medical treatment, the next most important step is to hire an attorney. HK Law's car accident lawyers will make sure that the at-fault party compensates you fairly and fully for the injuries you sustained. We serve clients in the Greater St. Louis area and in Southern Illinois. Call us today at 877 514-5529 or contact us online.
Our St. Louis Car Accident Lawyers Are Ready to Fight For You | St. Louis Car Accident Lawyers
The National Safety Council estimated that 46,020 people died in motor vehicle accidents in 2021, up 9 percent from 2020. While many drivers cite safety as a concern when driving, it has not stopped drivers from texting, speeding, or driving while intoxicated on alcohol, prescription drugs, or marijuana.
Our St. Louis car accident lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated and fearless advocates for our clients. Whether the case is a car accident settlement or a car accident lawsuit going to trial, Halvorsen Klote will fight for you. Our St. Louis car accident lawyers keep you fully informed throughout your case and give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family.
Do I Need a Car Accident Attorney? | St. Louis Car Accident Lawyers
In cases with minor injuries that do not require much medical care, you may receive a fair settlement offer from the insurance company. However, talking to our St. Louis car accident lawyers is free, so there is no harm in calling us to ask if their offer really is fair. There are several scenarios where it's best to hire a lawyer:
- Your injuries are severe, and you'll need medical care in the future.
- The insurance company isn't being fair or is trying to blame you for the accident.
- The other driver won't admit fault for the accident.
- There were multiple parties involved, and you're not sure who is responsible.
It's important to know that the insurance company is not your friend. The insurance company is a business trying to make a profit. Insurance companies try as hard as they can to pay the least amount on your claim as possible. The Insurance Research Council found that insurance payouts, on average, are 3.5 times higher for clients who have hired car accident lawyers than for those who did not. Insurance companies hire teams of employees to reduce and fight payouts to claimants. By hiring the St. Louis and Southern Illinois car accident lawyers at Halvorsen Klote you ensure that your claim will be fought aggressively against the insurance company to maximize your payout.
The St. Louis car accident lawyers at Halvorsen Klote thoroughly investigate each claim. The attorneys investigate your case by:
- Collecting police and accident reports;
- Taking photographs of the scene, damage, and injuries;
- Review Medical Records;
- Questioning witnesses; and
- Contacting expert witnesses to review evidence.
Our St. Louis car accident lawyers have the experience, knowledge and skill to successfully investigate, negotiate and litigate your case and get you the great results you deserve. Call us today at 877 514-5529 to take the first step in being fully compensated for your injuries.
How Common Are Car Accidents in Missouri and Illinois? | St. Louis Car Accident Lawyers
Despite far fewer people being on the roads in 2020 because of the COVID-19 pandemic, 2020 was the deadliest traffic year since 2007. In 2021, car accidents resulted in 46,020 deaths and an estimated 5,246,000 injuries. The table below shows the data for Missouri and Illinois individually.
You never expect to be in a car accident, but negligent drivers in St. Louis and Southern Illinois Illinois can put anybody on the roads at risk. Both states are among the most dangerous states for winter driving. If you were injured because another driver did not take your safety seriously, call HK Law's car accident lawyers in St. Louis today at 877 514-5529.
How Much is My Car Accident Claim Worth? | St. Louis Car Accident Lawyers
How much you receive in compensation depends on several factors: the severity of your injuries, the circumstances surrounding your injuries, whether you were partially at fault and the skill of your St. Louis car accident lawyers.
The value of a personal injury claim is determined by the economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages (or general damages) typically include:
- Medical Expenses
- Future Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Earning Capacity
Non-economic damages (or special damages) commonly include:
- Pain and Suffering
- Mental Anguish
- Loss of Ability to Enjoy Life
- Loss of Consortium
To account for noneconomic damages, a jury, an insurance company or your St. Louis car accident lawyers will typically determine your total damages by using multiplier method, where your economic damages are multiplied by a number between 1.5 and 5. Three is the most common multiplier used, while 4 and 5 are typically saved in cases with permanent disability or wrongful death.
For example, if your total economic damages were $20,000, and a multiplier of 3 is decided on (either by a jury, or through your St. Louis car accident lawyers negotiation with an insurance company), your total damages would be $60,000.
In some rare cases, punitive damages may be awarded if someone injures you intentionally or someone shows reckless or wanton disregard for your safety, such as a drunk driver. Laws regarding punitive damages are different in both Illinois and Missouri. The St. Louis car accident lawyers of Halvorsen Klote have experience and expertise in both states, and will fight to ensure you get all of the compensation your deserve.
Below are some helpful links and FAQs from your St. Louis car accident lawyers:
Types of Accidents Our Car Accident Lawyers Handle | St. Louis Car Accident Lawyers
Each car accident is different and determining liability will depend on the specific circumstances of your injuries. The St. Louis-based car accident lawyers at Halvorsen Klote take on a variety of car accident cases in St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Common auto wreck cases our St. Louis car accident lawyers have seen include:
- Drunk Driving or driving under the influence
- Hit and run
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Distracted driving
- T-bone collisions
- Intersection accidents
Typically, the at-fault party is another driver involved in your accident. Sometimes, a car's brakes, tires or other components don't function properly, which can be an example of product liability. HK Law's car accident lawyers in St. Louis will conduct a full investigation into your case and determine which party owes you compensation.
In some cases, you may be able to sue a governmental entity in Missouri or Illinois for allowing hazardous road conditions such as potholes to persist. Again, the laws are different in Missouri and Illinois. Halvorsen Klote's St. Louis car accident lawyers know how to enforce the laws toward negligent actors in each state.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident, it is important to speak to a lawyer as soon as possible. Insurance companies are quick to offer low settlement offers to trick you into taking less than your case is worth. If you delay bringing your claim you may be prevented from recovering any compensation. Call the St. Louis car accident attorneys at Halvorsen Klote at 877 514-5529 for your free consultation.
Car Accident Lawyers Specializing in All Motor Vehicle Accident Cases
Our leading St. Louis-based car accident lawyers operate on a wealth of knowledge in Missouri and Illinois personal injury law and a rich background in winning excellent settlements for our Greater St. Louis and Southern Illinois car accident injury victims. When you have been seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident, you owe it to yourself to take the time to find the right car accident lawyer for you. You need a legal practitioner you can trust — one who knows exactly how to navigate the complicated matters of negligence, liability, cause and the total value of your damages as well as the nuances that come along with the specific type of accident case you have been affected by.
The car accident lawyers of Halvorsen Klote will hold the irresponsible drivers accountable and help you get the maximum financial recovery after you have been injured. From bus accidents to bicycle accidents, we know how to help you win your case and move forward in life after your accident. Read about cases like yours below or contact a St. Louis car accident lawyer with HK Law immediately.
Car accidents and other types of motor vehicle accidents have the potential to injure victims in a variety of ways. Nearly any type of injury to any part of the body and of any severity can occur in a car wreck. When the crash involved a pedestrian or an open vehicle such as a bicycle or motorcycle, or when the crash involves two or more vehicles of dramatically different sizes, victims are often severely and even irreversibly injured. Our St. Louis car accident lawyers have experience representing and securing full recoveries for victims with injuries such as:
What Should I Do After a Car Accident | St. Louis Car Accident Lawyers
Car accidents happen suddenly, and it can be difficult to know what to do direction following an injury. In the seconds, minutes, hours and days after a car accident, there are some important steps to take that will be of great help to your car accident lawyers when they are putting together your case.
Our car accident lawyers recommend taking the following steps after a car accident in St. Louis or Southern Illinois:
- Get to a safe place. If you are able, pull over to the side of the road to avoid being a danger to oncoming traffic. Make sure others involved in the accident are safe, and render first aid if needed.
- Stay at the scene. According to Missouri Revised Statute §577.060 and 625 ILCS 5/11-402, it is illegal in both states to leave the scene of any accident that causes injury. Furthermore, you will be able to collect valuable evidence if you remain at the scene.
- Call 911. Emergency medical personnel will be needed to render aid to anyone who needs it. Additionally, police are trained to assign fault in an accident, and their police report will be of great value in your case.
- Exchange insurance information with the other driver. You will need their insurance information to make a claim against them.
- Get contact information from eyewitnesses. Your St. Louis car accident lawyers will later be able to take official statements from them the corroborate your case.
- Take pictures if you can. It's important to take pictures of the entire scene, not just the cars themselves. Evidence from the surrounding area will also help prove negligence.
- Get medical attention, even if you don't think you need it. Adrenaline can hide pain in the immediate aftermath of an accident, so your injuries may take hours or days to reveal themselves. You may need X-rays or MRIs to reveal the extent of some of your injuries.
- Call HK Law. We are dedicated to making sure the injured in Greater St. Louis and Southern Illinois get the expert legal representation they deserve, no matter their income status. We fight hard for all of our clients. You can view our testimonials here to see what our clients think of us.
Below are some helpful resources for motorists and car accident victims in Missouri and Illinois:
- Missouri Revised Statute §303.040; reporting an accident
- Missouri Revised Statute §577.010; drunk driving penalties
- Missouri Revised Statute §304.012; motorists to exercise highest degree of care
- Missouri Revised Statutes Chapter 537; torts and actions for damages
- Missouri Revised Statute §537.060; comparative fault
- Missouri Distracted Driving Statistics
- Missouri Coalition for Roadway Safety
- Missouri Department of Revenue Driver Guide
- Missouri Department of Revenue Accident Information
- Missouri Motor Vehicle Accident Report Form 1140
- Missouri Motor Vehicle Insurance Requirements
- Missouri Car Accident Statistics
- Illinois Department of Transportation
- Illinois Secretary of State Online Resources
- Illinois Administrative Code Rules For Alcohol Testing
- Illinois Mandatory Vehicle Insurance
- Illinois Traffic Crash Reporting Rules
- Illinois Obtain a Traffic Crash Report
- 625 ILCS 5/; Illinois Vehicle Code
- 735 ILCS 5/2-1116; contributory fault
- 735 ILCS 5/13-114; statute of limitations
- 740 ILCS 5/; Civil Liabilities
- Illinois Fatal Crash Data
- Illinois 2020 Crash Facts and Statistics
Call Halvorsen Klote Today
St. Louis Car Accident Lawyers | HK Law
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident that wasn't your fault, you need dedicated, knowledgeable and experienced car accident lawyers to take up your case and fight for you to be rightfully compensated for your injuries. HK Law's St. Louis car accident lawyers believe in giving each client personalized attention and individualized legal counsel. We keep you informed throughout your case and explain everything you need to know in order for you to make the best decision for your future. You only have one chance to win great compensation for your injury claim. Call the St. Louis and Southern Illinois car accident lawyers of HK Law today at 877 514-5529 or contact us online to get the full financial recovery you deserve.