Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Call for a Case Review and Consultation if You've Been in an Accident
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Your life can change completely if you're in a motorcycle accident. In regard to the economic and physical implications of a serious wreck, it's important to contact a motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible if you need legal representation. Contact one of HK Law's injury attorneys to get more information about what to do after a crash.
Common Motorcycle Accident Claims
We're you involved in a traffic-related accident? Millions are injured and more than 37,000 are killed in vehicle accidents every year. Of those fatalities, more than 5,000 involve motorcycles. Halvorsen Klote understands how difficult it can be if you or a loved one have been injured. You're going to have to consider expenses for medical bills, lost time at work, and other financial hardships are dedicated to helping victims and getting fair reimbursement.
Below are a few of the most common types of motorcycle accidents:
- Head-On Collisions: Nearly half of all motorcycle deaths are because of vehicle-to-vehicle head-on collisions.
- Left-Hand Turns: Due to blind spots and speeding, other motorcycles almost become targets in intersections for other vehicles.
- Passing Accidents: Car and truck drivers might not see a motorcycle that's trying to pass or overtake them, especially at night or in bad weather.
- Lane Splitting: Motorcycle riders can lane split in certain states during traffic jams. This is dangerous and results in a high percentage of accidents.
- Helmets: Riders have a 37 percent chance to survive a wreck if they wear helmets. A handful of states don't have helmet laws unless you're under the age of 18.
- Speeding: Almost half of all motorcycle accidents are linked to speeding. Add in bad weather and traffic, you can see why.
- Alcohol Use: Accidents related to driving under the influence are balanced between cars, trucks, and motorcycles. However, the mortality rate is more severe when it comes to motorcyclists.
- Road Hazards: This includes fixed objects (like a construction sign), slick or icy roads, and other road hazards. Riders can be easily thrown from their bikes.
Motorcycles are dangerous but accidents can happen for any number of reasons. Brake failure, a malfunction, another driver on the road or even a slick spot can cause a crash. Our firm's motorcycle accident lawyers are here to help victims and their families recover reimbursement after an accident.
Compensation for Motorcycle Accidents
People pursue injury cases to get financial compensation from a negligent party. There are lots of factors to consider, which is why it's important for victims and their families to find an attorney that is able to handle their case. A lawyer will investigate the claim and make sure that any settlement covers special and general damages. At Halvorsen Klote, our motorcycle crash attorneys fight to make sure victims aren't taken advantage of by insurance companies. Often, the liable or negligent party will offer a settlement and it can be tempting for victims to accept because of financial stress, hospital bills, and other factors. Here are a few of the special and general damages you can expect if you were in a motorcycle accident:
- Medical Expenses: Medical expenses may include prescription drugs, surgery, occupational therapy, ambulance fees, mileage for going to and from an appointment, and other medically-related expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: You might be able to get reimbursement for pain and suffering. This may include PTSD, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment, future discomfort, and additional factors.
- Lost Wages: Our motorcycle accident lawyers make sure that our clients get any wages that are lost due to an accident. If you're injured in an accident and can't work, you're going to be missing income that could pay for other bills.
- Loss of Affection: If you're in a serious accident or lose a loved one due to a fatal accident, you may be able to receive compensation for loss of affection or companionship. This is also labeled "loss of consortium."
No matter what type of accident you're in, it's crucial to contact a local motorcycle crash lawyer right away if there are financial damages. Legal assistance doesn't cost you anything. Here, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don't win your case you don't owe us anything and there aren't any upfront fees.
What Should You Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
No one is stopping you from filing your own insurance claim. However, payouts are usually 3-4x higher with an experienced if you have a lawyer by your side. To ensure maximum payouts, our lawyers will look into and collect video footage, crime reports, medical reports, and other information required to open and win a claim. The important thing to do is to get medical help as soon as possible, even if you think your injuries are superficial. Learn more about our history and success on the testimonials page and see what kinds of cases we have experience with.
Even if you're partly at fault, you may still be eligible for compensation. Check out Halvorsen Klote's FAQs to learn more about motorcycle accident and personal injury claims. There are various statutes of limitations depending on what state you're in. Contact Halvorsen Klote's motorcycle accident lawyers in today for more information.