Personal Injury Lawyer St. Louis
Call for a Case Review and Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in St. Louis. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a family member have been injured, you can't work, and if an injury has put you a tough financial situation. It's crucial that our team provides effective representation to each and every client. If you'd like to discuss your case or claim with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't hesitate to contact us to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in St. Louis
There are more than 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It is important for injury victims to find legal counsel as soon as they're able to. An experienced St. Louis personal injury lawyer is a great resource of legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Personal Injury Claims in St. Louis
If you have been in a car or truck accident in St. Louis, weren't totally compensated at your job, or slipped and fell at the store, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help personal injury victims and their families in the Metro St. Louis area. Our personal injury lawyer team has won millions for victims and their families. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our St. Louis personal injury lawyer firm specializes in a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 car accident fatalities every year and hundreds of thousands of accidents, auto-related accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Accidents — Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs each year in the United States. Dog bites are a serious concern for adults and children. A dog bite can cause emotional trauma, scarring, deep tissue issues, and other injuries. Your St. Louis personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner or the person controlling the dog.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death suits in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by a family member or spouse. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death case, including loss of support and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, slip and fall, sexual assault or nursing home abuse, pedestrian accidents, and other incidents may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in St. Louis
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages or losing the ability to work, and others. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket expenses (rental cars, daycare, etc.), property damage, and any other financial loss due to negligence and injury. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has its own statute of limitations which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of professionalism and legal representation to injury victims and their families. Accidental injuries are now the 5th leading cause of death and 3rd leading cause of death for people under 35, and hundreds of thousands of people are seriously injured at work, at home, or in vehicles and everywhere else every year.
St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
There are several things that need to get done if you want to win an injury case. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove negligence, causation, fault, and financial damages. Here are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Usually, there aren't any up-front fees. Put simply, our St. Louis personal injury lawyers take a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are extremely important if you are filing a claim and trying to get reimbursed. Even if an injury seems minor, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a lot of variables when you calculate special and general damages. Damages may include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? It's important to keep track of everything. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example: Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? Do you believe in my case, and why? Again, the more information the better.
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer in St. Louis Now
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have lasting effects, like financial hardship, not being able to hold down a job, and other pressure on your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact our personal injury lawyers now for a consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: