Personal Injury Lawyer Troy, MO
Contact Us for a No-obligation Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Troy, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in Troy, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or a loved one have been injured, you're losing wages from not being able to work, and if an injury has put a strain on your finances. It's crucial that our team provides the same high standard of representation that large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Personal Injury Claims in Troy, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Common accidents and injuries are car and truck accidents, slip and falls, and other injuries that lead to death. It is important for survivors to get legal counsel without delay. An experienced Troy, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource for legal advice in the event of an accident.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Troy, MO
If you were injured in a car or truck accident in Troy, MO, were hurt on the job, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might be eligible compensation. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured through no fault of their own in the Troy area. Our personal injury lawyer team has gotten great results for victims and their families.
Our Troy, MO personal injury lawyer firm can handle numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 traffic-related fatalities pear year and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of injury claims that go to trial.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employer negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, slip and falls, fires, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people suffer from dog bites annually in the U.S.. Dog bites are a serious concern for people of all ages. A dog bite leads to emotional anguish, disfigurement, gashes and other injuries. Your Troy, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the person controlling the dog.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death cases in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death claim, including loss of companionship and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, medical malpractice, pedestrian accidents and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Troy, MO Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical expenses, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or losing the ability to work, and others. Halvorsen Klote also fights for out-of-pocket expenses (transportation to and from medical appointments, home assistance, etc.), property damage, and any other financial, physical or emotional damages. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, you need to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, make the insurance company be fair, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's critical to be proactive after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
Find out more about your rights and the claims process with our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of professionalism to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and hundreds of thousands of people are seriously injured on the job, on private property, or in cars and everywhere else every year.
Troy, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
There are several things that need to get done if you want to win an injury case. To make a successful personal injury claim, you and your lawyer have to prove how the other party is liable, cause in fact, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Below are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you hire them:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Usually, there aren't any up-front fees. Put simply, our Troy, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a portion of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are very important when you're filing a claim and hoping to win a settlement. Even if an injury seems minor, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a lot of factors to consider when you calculate special and general damages. Damages may include medical treatment and physical therapy, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? It's important to keep track of everything. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long does it take to get a settlement? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Check out the other types of cases we take on in Troy, MO?
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer in Troy, MO Now
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A catastrophic injury can have long-lasting consequences, like financial hardship, not being able to hold down a job, and other pressure on you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Troy, MO now for a complimentary case evaluation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: