Personal Injury Lawyer Fayette, MO
Call for a No-Risk Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Fayette, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for clients in Fayette, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or a family member have been injured, you can't work, and if an injury has put a strain on your finances. It's crucial that our team provides effective representation to each and every client. If you'd like to discuss your case with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't wait to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Fayette, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It is important for victims and their families to find legal representation without delay. A knowledgeable Fayette, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource of legal advice in the event of an accident.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Fayette, MO
If you were injured in a car or truck accident in Fayette, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or slipped and fell at the store, you might be eligible compensation. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help personal injury victims and their families in the Fayette area. Read what previous clients have to say about us on the testimonials page.
Our Fayette, MO personal injury lawyer firm specializes in a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 auto accident fatalities pear year and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employer negligence can include exposure to electricity, insufficient training, slip and falls, fires, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people suffer from dog bites each year nationwide. Dog bites are dangerous for people of all ages. A dog bite can cause emotional distress, scarring, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Dog bites in Fayette, MO fall under strict liability, which means that a dog owner is responsible for what their dog does regardless of their actions.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death suits in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by a family member or spouse. You are eligible for compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of benefits and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, medical malpractice, bicycle accidents and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Fayette, MO Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical costs, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket expenses (transportation to and from medical appointments, childcare, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial, physical or emotional loss due to injury. We fight until you receive every penny owed to you.
If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, make the insurance company be fair, and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence by the liable party. It's important not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you are grieving a lost loved one or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of professionalism to injury victims and their families. Accidental injuries are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and hundreds of thousands of people are seriously injured at work, on private property, or in cars and everywhere else every year.
Fayette, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
You and your lawyer need to do a few things if you want to get compensation. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove how the other party caused your injuries, causation, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Here are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- How much does a personal injury lawyer cost? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Fayette, MO personal injury lawyers take a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? It's important to go to a hospital or see your primary care physician. Medical records are very important evidence. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a lot of factors to consider when you figure out the economic and noneconomic damages. Damages may include things like lost income potential, pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of consortium, emotional distress, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? It's important to keep track of everything. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Do you have experience with this specific injury? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? Do you believe in the merits of my claim? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Check out the other types of claims we handle in Fayette, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Fayette, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A catastrophic injury can have long-lasting consequences, like financial losses, losing time off work, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Fayette, MO now for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: