Personal Injury Lawyer Eureka, MO
Contact Us for a Complimentary Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Eureka, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents those injured through another's negligence in Eureka, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a loved one have been injured, you're losing wages from not being able to work, and if an injury has put a strain on your finances. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.
Personal Injury Claims in Eureka, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for victims and their families to seek out legal counsel as soon as possible. An experienced Eureka, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource for legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Eureka, MO
If you were injured in a traffic-related accident in Eureka, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or slipped and fell at the store, you might have a personal injury case. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have dedicated their practice to helping those injured by someone else in the Eureka area. Read what previous clients have to say about us on the testimonials page.
Our Eureka, MO personal injury lawyer firm takes on many different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 car crash deaths every year and hundreds of thousands of accidents, auto-related accidents make up 60% of personal injury cases that are heard by a jury.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employment injuries can include being struck by an object, insufficient training, falls, explosions, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people suffer from dog bites each year in the U.S.. Dog bites are a serious concern for adults and children. A dog bite can cause mental anguish, scarring, gashes and other injuries. Your Eureka, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the person controlling the dog.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death cases in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. You are eligible for compensation for numerous factors in a wrongful death case, including loss of support and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse and other bodily injuries may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Eureka, MO
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical costs, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also fights for out-of-pocket expenses (rental cars, childcare, etc.), property damage, and any other financial loss due to injury. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
A personal injury lawyer is often the only way to get full compensation after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence by the liable party. It's critical to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
Find out more about your rights and the claims process with our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of professionalism to those injured by another's negligence. Accidental injuries are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are hurt at work, at home or at their neighbor's house, or in cars and everywhere else every year.
Eureka, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove negligence, causation, fault and financial damages. Here are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Eureka, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a percentage of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are extremely important when you're filing a claim and hoping to win a settlement. Even if an injury does not seem serious, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages can include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property damage, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long does it take to get a settlement? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Check out the other types of cases we handle in Eureka, MO?
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have lasting effects, like financial hardship, losing time off work, and other pressure on you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Eureka, MO now for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: