Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Eureka, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | Eureka, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Eureka, MO. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act thoughtless, and pedestrian accidents can cause catastrophic injuries that result in unanticipated economic, emotional and physical burdens for the victims. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has dedicated their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to fight for your your rights on your behalf, hold the people that harmed you responsible and get you the maximum compensation you need to truly heal. Reach out to a Eureka, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Eureka, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, across the whole country in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in crashes and 1,314 non-passengers suffered injuries.
According to reporting from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in wrecks and 3,138 were harmed.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Eureka, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe everyone else on the Eureka, MO roads a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must observe according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles should stop when a pedestrian is approaching the halfway point in the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly enter traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a pedestrian bridge has been placed.
- In both states, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's essential to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Eureka, MO by your side who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Call a pedestrian accident lawyer in Eureka, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Responsible for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Eureka, MO?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the parties your attorney at Halvorsen Klote can hold liable are:
- The driver, for example if they were not paying attention, or otherwise driving negligently.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability lawsuit, for example if a car's brakes malfunction.
- The government body who are charged with keeping a particular area safe, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some claims, multiple parties may share responsibility. For example, if a distracted driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, you may be able to seek compensation from the driver and the public agency who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible at-fault party in your accident in order to win you the maximum financial recovery you deserve. This is vitally important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially At Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Eureka, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you will collect compensation for the share of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get you could still receive $1,000 for that injury. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect any compensation if you were more than 50% responsible.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid compensating you entirely. Your Eureka, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will handle the insurance adjuster and ensure you are not mistreated by a selfish insurance company.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Eureka, MO Do for Me?
Your Eureka, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will implement our legal knowledge to get justice for you and your family. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We also constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in doubt. Additionally, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, such as eyewitness testimony, pictures, police records and more.
- Work with our network of Eureka, MO accident experts to help determine liability for your injuries.
- Work with our network of Eureka, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Fight back against insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Recover?
That will vary depending on the specifics of your injury, the significance of your injuries and the talent and drive of your Eureka, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you recover a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, like damage to your car
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not permit you to work
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical bills, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Eureka, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Eureka, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the following links to see what other services we offer in Eureka, MO:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Eureka, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a loved one was harmed in an accident because of someone else's negligence, your Eureka, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you are owed. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. We take all of our client's cases in Eureka, MO personally and will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Eureka, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.