Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Versailles, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Versailles, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Versailles, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act carelessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause devastating injuries that result in unexpected financial, emotional and physical burdens for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team serves the the injured and vulnerable throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by providing them with the skillful legal advocacy that large insurance companies have access to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or corporation that harmed you responsible and secure you the complete compensation you need to truly heal. Call a Versailles, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Versailles, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, nationwide in 2019, 6,205 pedestrians were killed and 76,000 were injured.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in accidents and 1,314 non-passengers were injured.
According to data from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians died in wrecks and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Versailles, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, vehicles are required to stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run into traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a road where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been provided.
- In both states, you cannot cross at adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
Because pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively complex, it's vital to hire a pedestrian accident lawyer in Versailles, MO right away if you were harmed in a pedestrian accident. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Versailles, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Liable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Versailles, MO?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the entities we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for example if they were not paying attention, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a negligent way.
- A car manufacturer, vendor or mechanic in a product liability case, for instance if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The government entity who are charged with overseeing the security of an intersection or road, for example if there is lack of signage.
In some claims, we can hold various entities at-fault. For example, if a distracted driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, you may be able to make a claim against the driver and the municipal entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to win you the full financial recovery you are owed. This is extremely important if if one party, in conjunction with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to cover all of your damages.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Versailles, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's referred to as a "comparative negligence" rule. In either state, you might still be awarded compensation for your damages, but it will be lowered depending on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder determines you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get 1% of your damages. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything for your damages if most of the accident was your fault.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative negligence to lessen your payout, or avoid compensating you entirely. Your Versailles, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to combat those stunts and get you the compensation you are entitled to.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Versailles, MO Help With My Case?
Your Versailles, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal expertise to level the playing field. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We work to keep you informed throughout your claim. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all relevant evidence, including eyewitness dispositions, pictures, police records and more.
- Work alongside our network of Versailles, MO wreck experts to help ascertain liability in your claim.
- Work alongside our network of Versailles, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on recovering.
- Fight back against insurance adjusters who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when we cannot get the compensation you are owed in mediation.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the particulars of your injury, the scope of your damages and the expertise of your Versailles, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can be awarded compensation for:
- Property damage, like damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages from time spent recovering
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical costs, for instance:
- Urgent care visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Versailles, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Versailles, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the following links to see what other services we offer in Versailles, MO:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Versailles, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was hurt in an accident that was not their fault, your Versailles, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you are owed. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. Our Versailles, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Versailles, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.