Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Harrisburg, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | Harrisburg, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Harrisburg, MO. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act thoughtless, and pedestrian accidents can cause horrible injuries that create instant economic, emotional and physical difficulties for the victims. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has committed their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that injured you responsible and secure you the maximum compensation you need to truly heal. Call a Harrisburg, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Harrisburg, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, across the entire country in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in wrecks and 1,314 non-passengers were hurt.
According to data from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in wrecks and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in Harrisburg, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must abide by according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles should stop when a pedestrian is approaching the halfway point in the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly leave a curb in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a pedestrian bridge has been provided.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's essential to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Harrisburg, MO by your side who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Get in touch with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Harrisburg, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Harrisburg, MO?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the entities commonly found accountable are:
- The driver, for example if they were running a red light, or otherwise driving carelessly.
- A car manufacturer, vendor or mechanic in a product liability case, for example if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The public agency who are charged with overseeing the safety of an intersection or road, for example if there is is a high-traffic area that suffers from poor lighting.
In some claims, multiple entities may share liability. For example, if a distracted driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, it may be possible to seek compensation from the driver and the public entity who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible responsible party in your accident in order to get you maximum compensation you deserve. This is especially important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Harrisburg, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you might still get compensation for your damages, but it will be reduced based on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be barred from recovering any compensation if you were more than 50% responsible.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative negligence to lessen your payout, or avoid reimbursing you altogether. Your Harrisburg, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to resist those tricks and get you the financial recovery you are owed.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Harrisburg, MO Do for Me?
Your Harrisburg, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal experience to get justice for you and your loved ones. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We work to constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in doubt. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, including eyewitness dispositions, security footage, police records and more.
- Work with our network of Harrisburg, MO accident experts to help ascertain fault in your claim.
- Work alongside our network of Harrisburg, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on recovering.
- Make sure the insurance adjuster know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your case, the severity of your injuries and the experience and knowledge of your Harrisburg, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can receive a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, like damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Harrisburg, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Harrisburg, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the these links to see what other services we offer in Harrisburg, MO:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Harrisburg, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was hurt in an accident because of someone else's recklessness, trust in your Harrisburg, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. We take all of our client's cases in Harrisburg, MO personally and will stand by your side throughout your claim. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Harrisburg, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.