Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Camdenton, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Camdenton, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Camdenton, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has dedicated their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to fight for justice on your behalf, hold the people that hurt you accountable and secure you the full financial recovery you need to be made whole again. Reach out to a Camdenton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Camdenton, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, nationwide in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in wrecks and 1,314 non-passengers were hurt.
According to data from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians died in accidents and 3,138 were hurt.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in Camdenton, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, vehicles are required to stop when a pedestrian is approaching halfway over the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden run into traffic in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, vehicles have the right of way.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a highway where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been provided.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
As pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively convoluted, it's vital to seek out a pedestrian accident lawyer in Camdenton, MO right away if you were hurt by a vehicle. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Camdenton, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Liable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Camdenton, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the parties we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for example if they were driving distracted, or otherwise driving negligently.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability case, for example if a car's brakes do not function correctly.
- The government body who are charged with keeping a certain area safe, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some claims, multiple parties may share responsibility. For example, if a distracted driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, you may be able to make a claim against the driver and the public entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible at-fault party in your accident in order to win you the best possible financial recovery you deserve. This is particularly important if if one party, in combination with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to cover all of your damages.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Camdenton, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's called a "comparative negligence" rule. In a comparative fault state, you will get compensation for the share of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be barred from recovering anything for your damages if most of the accident was your fault.
Attempting to shift blame onto you is a common deception insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Camdenton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to fight back against those stunts and get you the financial recovery you are entitled to.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Camdenton, MO Do for Me?
Your Camdenton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal knowledge to get justice for you and your loved ones. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We work to give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, such as eyewitness dispositions, surveillance video, police reports and more.
- Work in tandem with our network of Camdenton, MO accident experts to help ascertain fault for your injuries.
- Work alongside our network of Camdenton, MO medical experts to exactly value your damages.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Recover?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your injury, the scope of your damages and the talent and drive of your Camdenton, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you recover compensation for:
- Property damage, like damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Decreased earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical bills, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Camdenton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Camdenton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the these links to see what other services we offer in Camdenton, MO:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Camdenton, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was harmed in an accident that was not their fault, your Camdenton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you are entitled to. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. We take all of our client's cases in Camdenton, MO personally and will stand by your side throughout your claim. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Camdenton, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.