Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Jefferson City, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Jefferson City, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Jefferson City, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act recklessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause terrible injuries that create sudden financial, emotional and physical hardships for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has pledged their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to fight for justice on your behalf, hold the people that injured you accountable and get you the complete financial recovery you need to truly recover. Reach out to a Jefferson City, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Jefferson City, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, nationwide in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in crashes and 1,314 pedestrians suffered injuries.
According to data from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in wrecks and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Jefferson City, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe everyone else on the Jefferson City, MO roads a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must adhere to according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, vehicles should stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the street.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run into traffic in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, vehicles have the right of way.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a overhead pedestrian crossing has been placed.
- In both states, you cannot cross at adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your case. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Jefferson City, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Jefferson City, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the parties we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving drowsy, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a negligent way.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer in a product liability case, for instance if a car's brakes malfunction.
- The government agency responsible for keeping a certain area safe, for example if there a sign that makes someone crossing the street or on the side of the road difficult to see from a car.
In some claims, we can hold various entities accountable. For example, if a drowsy driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, you may be able to make a claim against the driver and the government entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible cause of your accident your accident in order to secure you the best possible compensation you are owed. This is particularly important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest exceeds your underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Jefferson City, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's known as a "comparative negligence" rule. In a comparative fault state, you might still collect compensation for your compensation, but it will be decreased depending on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder determines you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from any compensation if most of the accident was your fault.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid reimbursing you altogether. Your Jefferson City, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to resist those tactics and get you the compensation you are owed.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Jefferson City, MO Do for Me?
Your Jefferson City, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will use our legal expertise to level the playing field. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We also constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in doubt. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all evidence to help with your claim, such as eyewitness testimony, photographs, police reports and more.
- Work alongside our network of Jefferson City, MO collision experts to help determine liability in your claim.
- Work in tandem with our network of Jefferson City, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when the insurance company will not be fair in mediation.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Recover?
That depends on the specifics of your accident, the severity of your injuries and the skill of your Jefferson City, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you receive a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your car
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical bills, for example:
- Urgent care visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Jefferson City, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Jefferson City, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the following links to find out what other services we offer in Jefferson City, MO:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
Jefferson City, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was injured in an accident because of someone else's carelessness, your Jefferson City, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you are owed. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our Jefferson City, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side throughout your claim. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Jefferson City, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.