Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Town and Country, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Town and Country, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Town and Country, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause unthinkable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team aids the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by giving them the skillful legal representation that large insurance companies use to avoid paying people the compensation they're entitled to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that harmed you responsible and get you the complete compensation you need to truly recover. Get in touch with a Town and Country, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Town and Country, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, across the entire country in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in collisions and 1,314 pedestrians suffered injuries.
According to the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in wrecks and 3,138 were harmed.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in Town and Country, MO?
While drivers owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles are required to stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the crosswalk.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run into traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a road where a pedestrian bridge has been provided.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your injury claim. Call a pedestrian accident lawyer in Town and Country, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is at-Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Town and Country, MO?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the parties we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for instance if they were not paying attention, or otherwise driving carelessly.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer in a product liability claim, for example if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The government entity who are charged with overseeing the security of an intersection or road, for example if there is lack of signage.
In some claims, we can hold various parties at-fault. For example, if a drowsy driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, it may be possible to make a claim against the driver and the government agency who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible at-fault party in your accident in order to get you maximum compensation you are owed. This is extremely important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest exceeds your underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Town and Country, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's known as a "comparative negligence" rule. In either state, you may still recover compensation for your damages, but it will be decreased based on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder determines you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything for your damages if you were more than 50% responsible.
Attempting to shift blame onto you is a common deception insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Town and Country, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will handle the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not mistreated by a powerful insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Town and Country, MO Help With My Case?
Your Town and Country, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal expertise to get justice for you and your loved ones. When you hire us, we will immediately work to identify who is liable for your injuries. We work to constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in doubt. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all relevant evidence, including eyewitness dispositions, surveillance video, police reports and more.
- Work in tandem with our network of Town and Country, MO collision experts to help determine accountability for your injuries.
- Work with our network of Town and Country, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on healing.
- Fight back against insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury when the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the specifics of your case, the scope of your damages and the talent and dedication of your Town and Country, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can collect a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your car
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical bills, such as:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Town and Country, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Town and Country, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the these links to discover what other services we offer in Town and Country, MO:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Town and Country, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was injured in an accident because of someone else's carelessness, your Town and Country, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you are entitled to. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. We take all of our client's cases in Town and Country, MO personally and will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Town and Country, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.