Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Affton, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Affton, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Affton, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team serves the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by giving them the exceptional legal advocacy that large insurance companies use to avoid paying people the compensation they're entitled to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or corporation that harmed you accountable and win you the maximum financial recovery you need to truly recover. Call a Affton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Affton, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, in the United States in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in accidents and 1,314 pedestrians were hurt.
According to the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in collisions and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Affton, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must observe according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, vehicles must stop when a pedestrian is approaching halfway over the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run into traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a pedestrian bridge has been placed.
- In both states, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
Because pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively intricate, it's key to seek out a pedestrian accident lawyer in Affton, MO as soon as possible if you were injured by a vehicle. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Affton, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Is at-Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Affton, MO?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the people, companies and organizations commonly found at-fault are:
- The driver, for instance if they were running a red light, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a careless way.
- A car manufacturer, dealer or mechanic in a product liability claim, for example if a car's brakes stop working.
- The municipal agency who are charged with keeping a certain area safe, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some cases, we can hold various parties to blame. For example, if a distracted driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, we may be able to help you seek compensation from the driver and the government body responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible contributing factor to your accident your accident in order to win you the full financial recovery you are entitled to. This is particularly important if if one party, in conjunction with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to cover all of your damages.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Affton, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's known as a "comparative negligence" rule. In either state, you will get compensation for the percentage of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder determines you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything for your damages if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Attempting to shift blame onto you is a common deception insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Affton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to combat those tricks and get you the compensation you are owed.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Affton, MO Do for Me?
Your Affton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will implement our legal skill to level the playing field. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We work to give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. Additionally, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all evidence to help with your claim, including eyewitness dispositions, photographs, police records and more.
- Work alongside our network of Affton, MO accident experts to help determine fault for your injuries.
- Work with our network of Affton, MO medical experts to precisely value your damages.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get the compensation you are owed in mediation.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your injury, the gravity of your injuries and the experience and knowledge of your Affton, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you secure a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, like damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages from time spent recovering
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical expenses, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Affton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Affton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the links below to discover what other services we offer in Affton, MO:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Affton, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a loved one was harmed in an accident because of someone else's negligence, trust in your Affton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. We take all of our client's cases in Affton, MO personally and will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Affton, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.