Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Farmington, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | Farmington, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Farmington, MO. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act thoughtless, and pedestrian accidents can cause catastrophic injuries that create unanticipated financial, emotional and physical hardships for the victims. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has committed their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or corporation that hurt you responsible and secure you the fair compensation you need to truly heal. Reach out to a Farmington, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Farmington, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, in the United States in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in accidents and 1,314 non-passengers sustained injuries.
According to the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in accidents and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in Farmington, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must adhere to according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles must stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the street.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden enter traffic in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a overhead pedestrian crossing has been provided.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross at adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your case. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Farmington, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Farmington, MO?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the entities we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for example if they were running a red light, or otherwise driving negligently.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer in a product liability lawsuit, for instance if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The government body who are charged with overseeing the security of an intersection or street, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some claims, we can hold various entities at-fault. For example, if a drunk driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, we may be able to help you seek compensation from the driver and the municipal entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible cause of your accident your accident in order to get you maximum compensation you deserve. This is especially important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest surpasses your underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially At Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Farmington, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's referred to as a "comparative negligence" rule. In either state, you may still get compensation for your injuries, but it will be reduced depending on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect any compensation if you were more than 50% responsible.
Attempting to move responsibility onto you is a common tactic insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Farmington, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will handle the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not mistreated by an uncaring insurance company.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Farmington, MO Do for Me?
Your Farmington, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal skill to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to pay you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We also give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all evidence to help with your claim, including eyewitness dispositions, pictures, police reports and more.
- Work with our network of Farmington, MO collision experts to help determine liability for your injuries.
- Work alongside our network of Farmington, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on healing.
- Fight back against insurance adjusters who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight to trial when we cannot get a fair financial recovery in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Collect?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your case, the severity of your injuries and the talent and drive of your Farmington, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can collect a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, like damage to your car
- Lost wages from time spent recovering
- Lowered earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Farmington, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Farmington, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the following links to see what other services we offer in Farmington, MO:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Farmington, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was harmed in an accident because of someone else's recklessness, your Farmington, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you are entitled to. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. Our Farmington, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side throughout your claim. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Farmington, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.