Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Chesterfield, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | Chesterfield, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Chesterfield, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has dedicated their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to fight for justice on your behalf, hold the person or corporation that hurt you accountable and get you the maximum financial recovery you need to truly recover. Reach out to a Chesterfield, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Chesterfield, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, across the entire country in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in accidents and 1,314 pedestrians were injured.
According to reporting from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in accidents and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in Chesterfield, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles are required to stop when a pedestrian is approaching the halfway point in the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden run in front of a car in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a road where a pedestrian bridge has been implemented.
- In both states, you cannot travel between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's key to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Chesterfield, MO by your side who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Get in touch with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Chesterfield, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Chesterfield, MO?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the people, companies and organizations we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving drunk, or otherwise driving negligently.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer in a product liability claim, for example if a car's brakes malfunction.
- The municipal body who are charged with keeping a particular area safe, for example if there is is a high-traffic area that suffers from poor lighting.
In some cases, multiple entities may share responsibility. For example, if a distracted driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, you may be able to make a claim against the driver and the municipal entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible cause of your accident your accident in order to win you the best possible financial recovery you deserve. This is vitally important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Chesterfield, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's called a "comparative negligence" rule. In either state, you will get compensation for the portion of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything if the majority of the accident was your fault.
Trying to move responsibility onto you is a common tactic insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Chesterfield, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will deal directly with the insurance adjuster and ensure you are not mistreated by a selfish insurance company.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Chesterfield, MO Do for Me?
Your Chesterfield, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will implement our legal knowledge to level the playing field. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We work to keep you informed throughout your claim. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all evidence to help with your claim, such as eyewitness testimony, photographs, police records and more.
- Work with our network of Chesterfield, MO crash experts to help determine fault for your injuries.
- Work in tandem with our network of Chesterfield, MO medical experts to precisely value your damages.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on healing.
- Stand up to insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get a fair financial recovery in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Recover?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your case, the seriousness of your injuries and the talent and drive of your Chesterfield, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you receive a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your car
- Wage loss for any time periods where your injury did not permit you to work
- Diminished earning potential if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical costs, such as:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Chesterfield, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Chesterfield, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the links below to discover what other services we offer in Chesterfield, MO:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Chesterfield, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was harmed in an accident that was not their fault, your Chesterfield, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you are owed. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. We take all of our client's cases in Chesterfield, MO personally and will stand by your side throughout your claim. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Chesterfield, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.