Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Kirkwood, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | Kirkwood, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Kirkwood, MO. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act recklessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause horrible injuries that create sudden financial, emotional and physical hardships for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has dedicated their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or corporation that injured you responsible and win you the fair compensation you need to be made whole again. Get in touch with a Kirkwood, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Kirkwood, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, across the entire country in 2019, 6,205 pedestrians were killed and 76,000 were injured.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in crashes and 1,314 non-passengers sustained injuries.
According to the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in accidents and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Kirkwood, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles are required to yield to a pedestrian that is approaching the halfway point in the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden run in front of a car in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, vehicles have the right of way.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been provided.
- In both states, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your injury claim. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Kirkwood, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Liable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Kirkwood, MO?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the entities commonly found at-fault are:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving distracted, or otherwise driving recklessly.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer, vendor or mechanic in a product liability case, for instance if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The public agency who are charged with overseeing the safety of an intersection or road, for example if there is lack of signage.
In some claims, we can hold various people, companies and organizations liable. For example, if a drunk driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, it may be possible to get a financial recovery from the driver and the public entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible contributing factor to your accident your accident in order to get you full compensation you are owed. This is especially important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest exceeds your underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Kirkwood, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's called a "comparative negligence" rule. That means that you may still get compensation for your compensation, but it will be decreased depending on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder determines you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything for your damages if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative negligence to lessen your payout, or avoid compensating you entirely. Your Kirkwood, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will push back against the insurance adjuster and ensure you are not taken advantage of by an unsympathetic insurance company.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Kirkwood, MO Do for Me?
Your Kirkwood, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will use our legal skill to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to pay you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We also constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in the dark. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all relevant evidence, including eyewitness dispositions, security footage, police reports and more.
- Work in concert with our network of Kirkwood, MO collision experts to help ascertain accountability in your claim.
- Work in concert with our network of Kirkwood, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can spend your energy on recovering.
- Fight back against insurance adjusters who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight to trial when we cannot get the settlement offer you deserve in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Recover?
That will vary depending on the individual circumstances of your case, the seriousness of your injuries and the talent and drive of your Kirkwood, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can collect a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your car
- Wage loss from time spent recovering
- Diminished earning potential if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical costs, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Kirkwood, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Kirkwood, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the links below to see what other services we offer in Kirkwood, MO:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
Kirkwood, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was harmed in an accident that was not their fault, trust in your Kirkwood, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. We take all of our client's cases in Kirkwood, MO personally and will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Kirkwood, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.