Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Cape Girardeau, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Cape Girardeau, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Cape Girardeau, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has committed their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or organization that harmed you accountable and get you the full compensation you need to truly recover. Get in touch with a Cape Girardeau, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Cape Girardeau, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, across the whole country in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in collisions and 1,314 non-passengers suffered injuries.
According to the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in collisions and 3,138 were injured.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Cape Girardeau, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe everyone else on the Cape Girardeau, MO roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles must yield to a pedestrian that is approaching halfway over the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden enter traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a pedestrian tunnel has been implemented.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot travel between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your case. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Cape Girardeau, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Cape Girardeau, MO?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the entities your attorney at Halvorsen Klote can hold to blame include:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving drunk, or otherwise driving negligently.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability lawsuit, for example if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The municipal body who are charged with overseeing the safety of an intersection or road, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some claims, we can hold various people, companies and organizations liable. For example, if a drowsy driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, we may be able to help you make a claim against the driver and the municipal entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible contributing factor to your accident your accident in order to secure you fair compensation you are owed. This is extremely important if if one party, in combination with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to reimburse you for all of your damages.
What if I Am Partially At Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Cape Girardeau, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's referred to as a "comparative negligence" rule. That means that you might still get compensation for your compensation, but it will be lowered depending on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get you could still receive $1,000 for that injury. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything for your damages if the majority of the accident was your fault.
Trying to shift responsibility onto you is a common tactic insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Cape Girardeau, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will handle the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not manipulated by a selfish insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Cape Girardeau, MO Help With My Case?
Your Cape Girardeau, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal expertise to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to reimburse you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We also constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in doubt. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all evidence to help with your claim, such as eyewitness dispositions, pictures, police records and more.
- Work in concert with our network of Cape Girardeau, MO accident experts to help determine liability for your injuries.
- Work in tandem with our network of Cape Girardeau, MO medical experts to precisely value your damages.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in mediation.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Collect?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your case, the significance of your injuries and the talent and drive of your Cape Girardeau, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can recover a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your car
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical expenses, for instance:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your Cape Girardeau, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Cape Girardeau, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the links below to find out what other services we offer in Cape Girardeau, MO:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Cape Girardeau, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was hurt in an accident that was not their fault, your Cape Girardeau, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you are entitled to. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our Cape Girardeau, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Cape Girardeau, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.