Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Lebanon, IL Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Lebanon, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Lebanon, IL. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act thoughtless, and pedestrian accidents can cause catastrophic injuries that create instant economic, emotional and physical difficulties for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team aids the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by providing them with the expert legal support that large insurance companies use to avoid paying people the compensation they're entitled to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that injured you responsible and secure you the complete financial recovery you need to truly heal. Call a Lebanon, IL pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Lebanon, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, across the entire country in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in accidents and 1,314 pedestrians were harmed.
According to reporting from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in crashes and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Lebanon, IL?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When there are no traffic signals, vehicles should stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the crosswalk.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run in front of a car in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, vehicles have the right of way.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a road where a pedestrian bridge has been provided.
- In both states, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
Because pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively convoluted, it's vital to seek out a pedestrian accident lawyer in Lebanon, IL right away if you were injured in a pedestrian accident. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Lebanon, IL straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Lebanon, IL?
That changes between cases. Some of the parties commonly found responsible are:
- The driver, for instance if they were running a red light, or otherwise driving negligently.
- A car manufacturer, vendor or mechanic in a product liability claim, for instance if a car's brakes malfunction.
- The municipal body responsible for keeping a particular area safe, for example if there is lack of signage.
In some cases, multiple parties may share accountability. For example, if a distracted driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, you may be able to make a claim against the driver and the municipal entity who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible responsible party in your accident in order to secure you the best possible financial recovery you deserve. This is vitally important if if one party, in combination with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to pay for all of your damages.
What if I Am Partially At Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Lebanon, IL?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's known as a "comparative negligence" rule. That means that you may still be awarded compensation for your compensation, but it will be reduced based on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get you could still receive $1,000 for that injury. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from any compensation if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Trying to move blame onto you is a common deception insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Lebanon, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to fight back against those tricks and get you the financial recovery you are owed.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Lebanon, IL Help With My Case?
Your Lebanon, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will use our legal expertise to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to compensate you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we will immediately work to determine who is liable for your injuries. We also keep you informed throughout your claim. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, including eyewitness dispositions, security footage, police reports and more.
- Work in tandem with our network of Lebanon, IL crash experts to help ascertain fault in your claim.
- Work in concert with our network of Lebanon, IL medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on healing.
- Fight back against insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get a fair financial recovery in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Collect?
That depends on the specifics of your accident, the extent of your damages and the experience and knowledge of your Lebanon, IL injury claim lawyer. We can help you collect a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, like damage to your car
- Wage loss if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Lebanon, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Lebanon, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the links below to find out what other services we offer in Lebanon, IL:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Lebanon, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you love was harmed in an accident because of someone else's carelessness, trust in your Lebanon, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. We take all of our client's cases in Lebanon, IL personally and will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Lebanon, IL today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.