Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Troy, IL Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Troy, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Troy, IL. Pedestrian accidents can cause unthinkable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team serves the the injured and vulnerable throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by providing them with the accomplished legal representation that large insurance companies have access to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that harmed you accountable and secure you the fair financial recovery you need to be made whole again. Call a Troy, IL pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Troy, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, nationwide in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in wrecks and 1,314 pedestrians suffered injuries.
According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in collisions and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Troy, IL?
While drivers owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must observe according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, vehicles must yield to a pedestrian that is approaching the halfway point in the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run into traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a pedestrian bridge has been provided.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot travel across adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
As pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively convoluted, it's key to hire a pedestrian accident lawyer in Troy, IL immediately if you were harmed while crossing the street. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Troy, IL straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Troy, IL?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the people, companies and organizations we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving drunk, or otherwise driving carelessly.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer, dealer or mechanic in a product liability claim, for instance if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The government body who are charged with overseeing the safety of an intersection or road, for example if there a sign that makes a pedestrian difficult to see from a car.
In some claims, we can hold various people, companies and organizations liable. For example, if a distracted driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, you may be able to get a financial recovery from the driver and the municipal body responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible cause of your accident your accident in order to win you the great financial recovery you deserve. This is especially important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest surpasses your underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially At Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Troy, IL?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's known as a "comparative negligence" rule. That means that you will receive compensation for the part of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get 1% of your damages. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid compensating you altogether. Your Troy, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to combat those stunts and get you the financial recovery you deserve.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Troy, IL Do for Me?
Your Troy, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal experience to get justice for you and your family. When you hire us, we will immediately work to determine who is liable for your injuries. We also constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in doubt. Additionally, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, such as eyewitness testimony, pictures, police records and more.
- Work alongside our network of Troy, IL accident experts to help determine accountability for your injuries.
- Work in concert with our network of Troy, IL medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get the settlement offer you deserve in mediation.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your injury, the extent of your damages and the skill of your Troy, IL injury claim lawyer. We can help you recover compensation for:
- Property damage, like damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical expenses, for example:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Troy, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Troy, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the following links to discover what other services we offer in Troy, IL:
Troy, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was hurt in an accident because of someone else's recklessness, your Troy, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. We take all of our client's cases in Troy, IL personally and will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Troy, IL today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.