Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Nixa, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Nixa, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Nixa, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act thoughtless, and pedestrian accidents can cause horrible injuries that lead to immediate economic, emotional and physical difficulties for the victims. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has pledged their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that harmed you responsible and get you the full financial recovery you need to truly recover. Reach out to a Nixa, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Nixa, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, nationwide in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in collisions and 1,314 pedestrians suffered injuries.
According to reporting from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in wrecks and 3,138 were hurt.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in Nixa, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe everyone else on the Nixa, MO roads a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must adhere to according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, vehicles are required to stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly enter traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, vehicles have the right of way.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a pedestrian bridge has been provided.
- In both states, you cannot travel between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's important to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Nixa, MO by your side who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Nixa, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is at-Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Nixa, MO?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the entities commonly found at-fault include:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drunk, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a careless way.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer in a product liability claim, for instance if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The public body responsible for overseeing the safety of an intersection or street, for example if there is poor lighting at night.
In some cases, multiple entities may share liability. For example, if a drowsy driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, it may be possible to seek compensation from the driver and the government entity who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to secure you the maximum financial recovery you are entitled to. This is extremely important if if one party, in combination with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to reimburse you for all of your damages.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Nixa, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In a comparative fault state, you will recover compensation for the percentage of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get 1% of your damages. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything for your damages if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Attempting to shift blame onto you is a common deception insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Nixa, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to counter those stunts and get you the financial recovery you deserve.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Nixa, MO Help With My Case?
Your Nixa, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will use our legal experience to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to compensate you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we will immediately work to determine who is liable for your injuries. We also give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all relevant evidence, such as eyewitness testimony, surveillance video, police records and more.
- Work in concert with our network of Nixa, MO wreck experts to help ascertain fault for your injuries.
- Work in concert with our network of Nixa, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on recovering.
- Fight back against insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get the settlement offer you deserve in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Collect?
That depends on the particulars of your injury, the scope of your damages and the expertise of your Nixa, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you receive compensation for:
- Property damage, like damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Diminished earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, for example:
- Urgent care visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Nixa, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Nixa, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the these links to see what other services we offer in Nixa, MO:
Nixa, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was injured in an accident because of someone else's negligence, your Nixa, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you are owed. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. Our Nixa, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side throughout your claim. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Nixa, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.