Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Shrewsbury, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | Shrewsbury, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Shrewsbury, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act carelessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause terrible injuries that create instant economic, emotional and physical hardships for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team aids the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by giving them the skillful legal advocacy that large insurance companies have access to. We are here to fight for justice on your behalf, hold the person or corporation that hurt you responsible and win you the fair financial recovery you need to truly recover. Get in touch with a Shrewsbury, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Shrewsbury, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, in the United States in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in wrecks and 1,314 non-passengers suffered injuries.
According to data from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in wrecks and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Shrewsbury, MO?
While drivers owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must abide by according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles are required to stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run into traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been implemented.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
As pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively complex, it's key to hire a pedestrian accident lawyer in Shrewsbury, MO immediately if you were harmed while crossing the street. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Shrewsbury, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Shrewsbury, MO?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the entities we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drunk, or otherwise driving recklessly.
- A car manufacturer, vendor or mechanic in a product liability case, for example if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The municipal entity who are charged with overseeing the safety of an intersection or street, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some cases, multiple parties may share accountability. For example, if a drowsy driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, you may be able to seek compensation from the driver and the municipal agency responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to secure you the best possible compensation you deserve. This is extremely important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Shrewsbury, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you may still collect compensation for your compensation, but it will be reduced depending on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get 1% of your damages. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from any compensation if the majority of the accident was your fault.
Trying to shift responsibility onto you is a common deception insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Shrewsbury, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to resist those tactics and get you the compensation you are owed.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Shrewsbury, MO Help With My Case?
Your Shrewsbury, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will implement our legal expertise to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to pay you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We also constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in the dark. Additionally, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, such as eyewitness testimony, surveillance video, police reports and more.
- Work in concert with our network of Shrewsbury, MO wreck experts to help determine accountability in your claim.
- Work in concert with our network of Shrewsbury, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury when the insurance company will not be fair in mediation.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Recover?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your case, the seriousness of your injuries and the talent and drive of your Shrewsbury, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you recover compensation for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss from time spent recovering
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical bills, for instance:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your Shrewsbury, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Shrewsbury, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the these links to discover what other services we offer in Shrewsbury, MO:
Shrewsbury, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was harmed in an accident because of someone else's carelessness, your Shrewsbury, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you are owed. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. We take all of our client's cases in Shrewsbury, MO personally and will stand by your side throughout your claim. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Shrewsbury, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.