Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Crestwood, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | Crestwood, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Crestwood, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has dedicated their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or corporation that hurt you responsible and get you the maximum compensation you need to truly recover. Call a Crestwood, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Crestwood, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, across the whole country in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in collisions and 1,314 non-passengers suffered injuries.
According to reporting from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in wrecks and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Crestwood, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must adhere to according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When there are no traffic signals, vehicles are required to yield to a pedestrian that is approaching the halfway point in the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden leave a curb in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cut between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's essential to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Crestwood, MO by your side who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Call a pedestrian accident lawyer in Crestwood, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Liable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Crestwood, MO?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the parties we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving drunk, or otherwise driving recklessly.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer, dealer or mechanic in a product liability claim, for instance if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The public body responsible for keeping a particular area safe, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some cases, multiple people, companies and organizations may share liability. For example, if a drowsy driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, it may be possible to get a financial recovery from the driver and the government entity who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to secure you full compensation you are owed. This is especially important if if one party, in conjunction with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to reimburse you for all of your damages.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Crestwood, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's known as a "comparative negligence" rule. In either state, you will get compensation for the percentage of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get you could still receive $1,000 for that injury. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be prohibited from recovering anything for your damages if you were more than 50% responsible.
Attempting to shift fault onto you is a common deception insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Crestwood, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will handle the insurance adjuster and ensure you are not taken advantage of by a selfish insurance company.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Crestwood, MO Do for Me?
Your Crestwood, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal knowledge to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to pay you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we will immediately work to determine who is liable for your injuries. We also give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, including eyewitness dispositions, security footage, police reports and more.
- Work in tandem with our network of Crestwood, MO crash experts to help ascertain fault in your claim.
- Work with our network of Crestwood, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on healing.
- Stand up to insurance adjusters who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Collect?
That depends on the particulars of your case, the seriousness of your injuries and the expertise of your Crestwood, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can recover a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages from time spent recovering
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical expenses, like:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Crestwood, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Crestwood, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the following links to see what other services we offer in Crestwood, MO:
Crestwood, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was injured in an accident that was not their fault, your Crestwood, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you are owed. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. We take all of our client's cases in Crestwood, MO personally and will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Crestwood, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.