Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Moscow Mills, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Moscow Mills, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Moscow Mills, MO. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act thoughtless, and pedestrian accidents can cause catastrophic injuries that lead to unexpected economic, emotional and physical difficulties for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team serves the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by providing them with the expert legal representation that large insurance companies use to avoid paying people the compensation they're entitled to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or corporation that hurt you accountable and get you the maximum compensation you need to truly heal. Reach out to a Moscow Mills, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Moscow Mills, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, across the whole country in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in collisions and 1,314 non-passengers were hurt.
According to data from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in crashes and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in Moscow Mills, MO?
While drivers owe everyone else on the Moscow Mills, MO roads a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must adhere to according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, vehicles should stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the street.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run in front of a car in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a pedestrian bridge has been provided.
- In both states, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's essential to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Moscow Mills, MO in your corner who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Get in touch with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Moscow Mills, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Responsible for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Moscow Mills, MO?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the people, companies and organizations we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drunk, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a careless way.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability claim, for example if a car's brakes malfunction.
- The government agency responsible for overseeing the security of an intersection or street, for example if there a sign that makes someone crossing the street or on the side of the road difficult to see from a car.
In some claims, we can hold various parties to blame. For example, if a drowsy driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, it may be possible to seek compensation from the driver and the government agency who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible to blame party in your accident in order to secure you maximum compensation you are entitled to. This is extremely important if if one party, in combination with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to reimburse you for all of your damages.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Moscow Mills, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's known as a "comparative negligence" rule. In either state, you might still be awarded compensation for your injuries, but it will be reduced based on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder determines you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get 1% of your damages. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything if you were more than 50% responsible.
Trying to shift blame onto you is a common trick insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Moscow Mills, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to resist those tricks and get you the compensation you are entitled to.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Moscow Mills, MO Do for Me?
Your Moscow Mills, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal skill to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to compensate you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We work to give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, including eyewitness testimony, security footage, police reports and more.
- Work in tandem with our network of Moscow Mills, MO accident experts to help determine fault for your injuries.
- Work alongside our network of Moscow Mills, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance adjuster know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight to trial when the insurance company will not be fair in mediation.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the specifics of your injury, the scope of your damages and the talent and drive of your Moscow Mills, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can be awarded a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, like damage to your car
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not allow you to work
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, for instance:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Moscow Mills, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Moscow Mills, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the links below to find out what other services we offer in Moscow Mills, MO:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Moscow Mills, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was harmed in an accident because of someone else's recklessness, trust in your Moscow Mills, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. Our Moscow Mills, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side throughout your claim. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Moscow Mills, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.