Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Clayton, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | Clayton, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Clayton, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team helps the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by giving them the exceptional legal counsel that large insurance companies use to avoid paying people the compensation they're entitled to. We are here to fight for justice on your behalf, hold the people that hurt you responsible and secure you the complete financial recovery you need to be made whole again. Reach out to a Clayton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Clayton, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, across the entire country in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in accidents and 1,314 non-passengers were harmed.
According to data from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians died in accidents and 3,138 were harmed.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Clayton, MO?
While drivers owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When there are no traffic signals, vehicles are required to stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the crosswalk.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run in front of a car in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a pedestrian tunnel has been provided.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's important to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Clayton, MO in your corner who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Clayton, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Clayton, MO?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the parties we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for example if they were driving distracted, or otherwise driving negligently.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer, vendor or mechanic in a product liability claim, for example if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The municipal body responsible for overseeing the security of an intersection or street, for example if there a sign that makes a pedestrian difficult to see from a vehicle.
In some claims, we can hold various people, companies and organizations accountable. For example, if a distracted driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, it may be possible to get a financial recovery from the driver and the municipal entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to get you the maximum financial recovery you are entitled to. This is especially important if if one party, in combination with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to cover all of your damages.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Clayton, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In either state, you may still recover compensation for your damages, but it will be decreased based on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder determines you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from any compensation if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid compensating you entirely. Your Clayton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will deal directly with the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not manipulated by an uncaring insurance company.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Clayton, MO Do for Me?
Your Clayton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal experience to level the playing field. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We work to give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, such as eyewitness dispositions, photographs, police reports and more.
- Work alongside our network of Clayton, MO collision experts to help determine accountability in your claim.
- Work in tandem with our network of Clayton, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on healing.
- Stand up to insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get a fair financial recovery in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the specifics of your case, the scope of your damages and the skill of your Clayton, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you receive a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your car
- Lost wages from time spent recovering
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, such as:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Clayton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Clayton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the these links to find out what other services we offer in Clayton, MO:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
Clayton, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was hurt in an accident because of someone else's recklessness, trust in your Clayton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. We take all of our client's cases in Clayton, MO personally and will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Clayton, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.