Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Creve Coeur, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | Creve Coeur, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause unimaginable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team helps the the injured and vulnerable throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by providing them with the accomplished legal support that large insurance companies use to avoid paying people the compensation they're entitled to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that hurt you responsible and secure you the fair compensation you need to be made whole again. Get in touch with a Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Creve Coeur, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, in the United States in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in accidents and 1,314 pedestrians sustained injuries.
According to reporting from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in wrecks and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in Creve Coeur, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles are required to yield to a pedestrian that is halfway across the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly leave a curb in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, vehicles have the right of way.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a highway where a pedestrian bridge has been provided.
- In both states, you cannot cross at adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your injury claim. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Creve Coeur, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the entities we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for example if they were not paying attention, or otherwise driving carelessly.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer in a product liability claim, for example if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The government body responsible for keeping a certain area safe, for example if there a sign that makes someone crossing the street or on the side of the road difficult to see from a driver's perspective.
In some claims, we can hold various people, companies and organizations to blame. For example, if a drunk driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, it may be possible to seek compensation from the driver and the public entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible at-fault party in your accident in order to secure you the maximum financial recovery you deserve. This is especially important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Creve Coeur, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In either state, you might still recover compensation for your injuries, but it will be reduced depending on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder determines you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect any compensation if you were more than 50% responsible.
Trying to shift responsibility onto you is a common tactic insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to resist those tricks and get you the financial recovery you are entitled to.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO Do for Me?
Your Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal knowledge to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to reimburse you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We also keep you informed throughout your claim. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all evidence to help with your claim, including eyewitness dispositions, photographs, police reports and more.
- Work in tandem with our network of Creve Coeur, MO accident experts to help determine liability in your claim.
- Work alongside our network of Creve Coeur, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on recovering.
- Make sure the insurance adjuster know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when we cannot get a fair financial recovery in mediation.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your injury, the seriousness of your injuries and the experience and knowledge of your Creve Coeur, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can receive compensation for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your car
- Wage loss from time spent recovering
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical expenses, like:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the links below to discover what other services we offer in Creve Coeur, MO:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Creve Coeur, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was harmed in an accident that was not their fault, your Creve Coeur, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you are entitled to. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our Creve Coeur, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.