Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
California, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | California, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in California, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act recklessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause terrible injuries that lead to instant financial, emotional and physical hardships for the victims. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team serves the the injured and vulnerable throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by giving them the skillful legal representation that large insurance companies have access to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or organization that hurt you accountable and secure you the complete compensation you need to be made whole again. Reach out to a California, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | California, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, nationwide in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in accidents and 1,314 pedestrians suffered injuries.
According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in collisions and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in California, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must adhere to according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles must stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the street.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run into traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been provided.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot travel between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
Because pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively intricate, it's vital to seek out a pedestrian accident lawyer in California, MO right away if you were injured while crossing the street. Call a pedestrian accident lawyer in California, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Responsible for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in California, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the parties we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for example if they were not paying attention, or otherwise driving negligently.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability case, for instance if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The municipal body who are charged with keeping a certain area safe, for example if there is lack of signage.
In some cases, we can hold various parties accountable. For example, if a drunk driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, you may be able to make a claim against the driver and the government agency who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible cause of your accident your accident in order to get you the great financial recovery you are owed. This is particularly important if if one party, in conjunction with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to cover all of your damages.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in California, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In either state, you may still recover compensation for your damages, but it will be lowered depending on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder determines you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid compensating you entirely. Your California, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will push back against the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not manipulated by a selfish insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in California, MO Help With My Case?
Your California, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal knowledge to level the playing field. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We also keep you informed throughout your claim. Additionally, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all evidence to help with your claim, such as eyewitness dispositions, security footage, police records and more.
- Work alongside our network of California, MO accident experts to help determine fault for your injuries.
- Work alongside our network of California, MO medical experts to precisely value your damages.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in mediation.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your accident, the severity of your injuries and the experience and knowledge of your California, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can receive a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your car
- Lost wages from time spent recovering
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical bills, for example:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your California, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your California, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the these links to discover what other services we offer in California, MO:
California, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a loved one was hurt in an accident that was not their fault, trust in your California, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. We take all of our client's cases in California, MO personally and will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in California, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.