Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
St. Peters, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Peters, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St. Peters, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has committed their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to fight for justice on your behalf, hold the people that harmed you responsible and win you the complete compensation you need to truly recover. Reach out to a St. Peters, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | St. Peters, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, in the United States in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in accidents and 1,314 pedestrians suffered injuries.
According to the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in collisions and 3,138 suffered injuries.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in St. Peters, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe everyone else on the St. Peters, MO roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles should yield to a pedestrian that is approaching the halfway point in the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden run in front of a car in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been implemented.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's vital to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in St. Peters, MO in your corner who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Call a pedestrian accident lawyer in St. Peters, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in St. Peters, MO?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the entities commonly found at-fault include:
- The driver, for example if they were driving distracted, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a careless manner.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability lawsuit, for example if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The public body responsible for keeping a certain area safe, for example if there is lack of signage.
In some claims, multiple entities may share accountability. For example, if a drowsy driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, it may be possible to seek compensation from the driver and the public body responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible liable party in your accident in order to secure you the great financial recovery you are entitled to. This is extremely important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest surpasses your underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in St. Peters, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you may still get compensation for your damages, but it will be decreased based on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder determines you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get you could still receive $1,000 for that injury. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be prohibited from recovering anything for your damages if you were more than 50% responsible.
Trying to move blame onto you is a common tactic insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your St. Peters, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will deal directly with the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not mistreated by a powerful insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St. Peters, MO Help With My Case?
Your St. Peters, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal knowledge to level the playing field. When you hire us, we will immediately work to determine who is liable for your injuries. We work to give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. Furthermore, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all relevant evidence, including eyewitness testimony, photographs, police reports and more.
- Work in concert with our network of St. Peters, MO collision experts to help determine fault in your claim.
- Work in concert with our network of St. Peters, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on recovering.
- Stand up to insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the particulars of your injury, the extent of your damages and the skill of your St. Peters, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can secure a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, like damage to your car
- Wage loss if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Decreased earning potential if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical expenses, for example:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your St. Peters, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your St. Peters, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the links below to find out what other services we offer in St. Peters, MO:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
St. Peters, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was harmed in an accident that was not their fault, trust in your St. Peters, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our St. Peters, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in St. Peters, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.