Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Manchester, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | Manchester, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Manchester, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act negligent, and pedestrian accidents can cause horrible injuries that lead to unanticipated economic, emotional and physical difficulties for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team aids the the injured and vulnerable throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by giving them the exceptional legal support that large insurance companies use to avoid paying people the compensation they're entitled to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that injured you responsible and get you the maximum financial recovery you need to be made whole again. Get in touch with a Manchester, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Manchester, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, across the whole country in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in collisions and 1,314 non-passengers suffered injuries.
According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in collisions and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in Manchester, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe everyone else on the Manchester, MO roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles should stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the crosswalk.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden enter traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a overhead pedestrian crossing has been provided.
- In both states, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
As pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively convoluted, it's vital to hire a pedestrian accident lawyer in Manchester, MO right away if you were injured by a vehicle. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Manchester, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Liable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Manchester, MO?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the people, companies and organizations commonly found at-fault include:
- The driver, for instance if they were running a red light, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a reckless way.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer, vendor or mechanic in a product liability claim, for example if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The government body responsible for overseeing the safety of an intersection or street, for example if there is is a high-traffic area that suffers from poor lighting.
In some claims, multiple parties may share responsibility. For example, if a drowsy driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, you may be able to seek compensation from the driver and the public agency responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to. This is extremely important if if one party, in combination with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to reimburse you for all of your damages.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Manchester, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you may still get compensation for your damages, but it will be lowered depending on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder determines you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything if you were more than 50% responsible.
Trying to move responsibility onto you is a common trick insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Manchester, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to fight back against those stunts and get you the compensation you are owed.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Manchester, MO Do for Me?
Your Manchester, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal knowledge to level the playing field. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We also constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in the dark. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all relevant evidence, such as eyewitness dispositions, pictures, police records and more.
- Work with our network of Manchester, MO collision experts to help determine liability in your claim.
- Work in tandem with our network of Manchester, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on recovering.
- Make sure the insurance adjuster know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get the settlement offer you deserve in mediation.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Recover?
That depends on the particulars of your accident, the extent of your damages and the experience and knowledge of your Manchester, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can receive a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss for any time periods where your injury did not permit you to work
- Lowered earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical bills, for instance:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Manchester, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Manchester, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the following links to see what other services we offer in Manchester, MO:
Manchester, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you love was harmed in an accident because of someone else's recklessness, trust in your Manchester, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. Our Manchester, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side throughout your claim. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Manchester, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.