Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Bonne Terre, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | Bonne Terre, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Bonne Terre, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act thoughtless, and pedestrian accidents can cause catastrophic injuries that create unanticipated economic, emotional and physical hardships for the victims. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has committed their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to fight for your your rights on your behalf, hold the people that harmed you accountable and secure you the full financial recovery you need to truly heal. Call a Bonne Terre, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Bonne Terre, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, across the entire country in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in crashes and 1,314 pedestrians were injured.
According to data from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians died in collisions and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in Bonne Terre, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must adhere to according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, vehicles are required to stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the street.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden run in front of a car in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a pedestrian tunnel has been implemented.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's vital to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Bonne Terre, MO by your side who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Bonne Terre, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Responsible for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Bonne Terre, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the people, companies and organizations your attorney at Halvorsen Klote can hold at-fault include:
- The driver, for example if they were running a red light, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a negligent manner.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability lawsuit, for example if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The public body responsible for overseeing the security of an intersection or road, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some claims, we can hold various people, companies and organizations to blame. For example, if a drowsy driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, it may be possible to get a financial recovery from the driver and the government agency who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to win you the great financial recovery you are entitled to. This is particularly important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Bonne Terre, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In a comparative fault state, you may still collect compensation for your damages, but it will be reduced based on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder determines you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from any compensation if you were more than 50% responsible.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid reimbursing you altogether. Your Bonne Terre, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will push back against the insurance adjuster and ensure you are not mistreated by a callous insurance company.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Bonne Terre, MO Do for Me?
Your Bonne Terre, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal skill to get justice for you and your family. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We also keep you informed throughout your claim. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, including eyewitness testimony, photographs, police records and more.
- Work alongside our network of Bonne Terre, MO accident experts to help ascertain fault for your injuries.
- Work in concert with our network of Bonne Terre, MO medical experts to exactly value your damages.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Make sure the insurance adjuster know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get a fair financial recovery in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the particulars of your case, the extent of your damages and the talent and drive of your Bonne Terre, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you recover compensation for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages from time spent recovering
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, such as:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Bonne Terre, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Bonne Terre, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the these links to find out what other services we offer in Bonne Terre, MO:
Bonne Terre, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was injured in an accident that was not their fault, your Bonne Terre, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. Our Bonne Terre, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Bonne Terre, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.