Car Accidents Law Firm
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm St. Louis, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Missouri and Illinois. When the at-fault parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your damages, we will be there to fight for you and help you get the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has been affected by a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents nationwide each year, resulting in three million injuries. 38,680 people died in car crashes in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can change in the blink of an eye when other people are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the at-fault driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will get you the compensation that you are owed to help you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in the St. Louis area, we have a reputation for our painstaking preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and our staff will keep in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents are complicated and each has its own unique set of circumstances. The attorneys of our St. Louis car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients recover damages in a variety of car accidents. Some of the most common types of car accidents in St. Louis are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the most destructive and catastrophic accidents, and are usually caused by negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually occur in heavy traffic. They can frequently cause whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These occur when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause devastating injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be especially dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these crashes, serious injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often happen in St. Louis parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not pay attention to their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and veers out of their lane. As these often happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause serious destruction and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by St. Louis weather conditions, or drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are especially dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is often the result of negligence on the part of another driver. Cases of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Adjusting heat or AC settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid causing an accident yourself is to obey the laws and rules of the road in St. Louis and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's reckless behavior, you need the St. Louis car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight for you and get the compensation you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in St. Louis, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and unsettling. There are a number of steps you should take immediately following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to not obstruct incoming traffic. If it is more severe, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been injured. If it looks like a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical attention if somebody has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police will want to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect. In Missouri, you are legally required to call the police if someone is injured and/or the property damage exceeds $500. In Illinois, that number rises to $1,500.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You will want to get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take pictures of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have strict rules about how long after an accident you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the St. Louis area. When you hire us, we will:
- Collect police and accident reports
- Gather evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
Car Accidents Law Firm in St. Louis | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a talented and experienced car accident law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you receive the compensation you are owed. Too often insurance companies want to give you less money than you deserve. Our tenacity, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a fair settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a dime unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the St. Louis car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.