St. Louis Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Missouri Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Our firm represents victims who have been injured by a vehicle. Often times complex issues arise regarding negligence, fault, injuries, and other legal issues. The pedestrian accident attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready to pursue your claim.
Pedestrian accidents can cause serious and debilitating injuries. A pedestrian is unprotected when crossing the street. Pedestrians are struck daily by drivers who are not paying attention or fail to follow the rules of the road. Pedestrians have every right to be compensated for an inattentive driver’s negligence.
Missouri Rules of the Road – A Driver’s Responsibility to Pedestrians
Vehicles are required to yield to pedestrians. Whether pedestrians are obeying the law of not, you must drive carefully, reduce your speed if needed, and do your best to avoid endangering pedestrians. Do not pass a vehicle that has stopped or slowed down for a pedestrian.
The following laws or rules apply to drivers:
- Drivers must always yield the right-of-way to persons who are blind. We a pedestrian is crossing a street or highway guided by a dog or carrying a white cane (or a white cane with a red tip), vehicles must come to a complete stop.
- Drivers must yield to pedestrians when in a marked or unmarked crosswalk on or approaching their side of the road.
- As you prepare for a right turn, especially on a red traffic signal, be cautious of pedestrians approaching on your right.
- Drivers should not block the crosswalk when stopped at a red traffic signal. Drivers should not cross a sidewalk or crosswalk without first yielding to pedestrians.
Common Catastrophic Injuries in Pedestrian Accident
Pedestrians can suffer a wide variety of injuries after being struck by a vehicle. All injuries are painful, embarrassing, and devastating. Due to the force and weight from a vehicle, pedestrian accidents often result in severe or even life-threatening injuries. They often include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Fractured bones
- Internal organ damage/bleeding
- Spinal injury
- Road Rash
If you or a loved one have been injured in a pedestrian accident, it is important to speak to a lawyer as soon as possible. Insurance companies are quick to offer low settlement offers to trick you into taking less than your case is worth. If you delay bringing your claim you may be prevented for recovering any compensation. Call the St. Louis pedestrian accident injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote at 1-877-51-HKLAW (877-514-5529) for your free consultation.
Our St. Louis injury firm handles related cases as well:
Contact us today for a case review.