Injury Attorney in St. Louis
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Case Review and Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in St. Louis. Halvorsen Klote serves injury victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a major injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. The personal injury attorneys of Halvorsen Klote help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were hurt at work or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages that we will discuss further down this page. Contact our firm now for more information. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in St. Louis Do For Me?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you focus on healing. As part of our legal services in St. Louis, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, gather evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to prove liability
- Reliably calculate the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You didn't deserve to be injured, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your St. Louis injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in St. Louis
The injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless cases for victims in the St. Louis area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Automotive Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving, and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases often involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and 5,190 work-related fatalities. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced work-comp attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, medical devices or drugs and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly, but whenever you're injured through no fault of your own, you deserve full compensation. Our injury attorneys in St. Louis, MO, are here to help no matter what your situation is. We're here to win.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in St. Louis
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an injury attorney in St. Louis to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they handled your specific type of case before? What were the results?
- How much do you think my case is worth? An experienced St. Louis injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Can My St. Louis Injury Attorney Help Me Recover?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for the accident and the skill of your injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive in St. Louis and Southern Illinois will fall into one of two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. A skilled and experienced injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical expenses, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries or doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or home improvements
Noneconomic damages seek to compensate you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer run at full speed, you need to be compensated for that. Your St. Louis injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in St. Louis Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in the St. Louis area and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in St. Louis now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.