Auto Accident Attorney Washington, MO
Greater St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Washington, MOAutomobile Accident Lawyers
Auto accident attorney in Washington, MO. Auto accidents can happen suddenly and unexpectedly in Washington, MO. If a negligent driver in the Washington, MO area was responsible for an accident, you need an auto accident lawyer who will work for you to recover damages from the liable party. However, not all auto accident lawyers are created equal in the Washington, MO area. You need a reliable and knowledgeable law firm that prioritizes your needs. You need Halvorsen Klote. We advocate for victims of auto accidents in throughout the Washington, MO area.
We have won millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients near Washington, MO in a variety of auto accident claims, including:
How Halvorsen Klote Can Help You in Washington, MO | Auto Accident Attorney Washington, MO
Were you aware that in 2022, there were a staggering 1,040 lives lost in auto accidents in Missouri and a multitude more that resulted in injuries on Missouri’s roadways? If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident near Washington, MO, you may be dealing with physical pain, emotional distress, financial hardship, and legal challenges. You may be curios how to secure the compensation you deserve for your losses and damages.
That is precisely why you need an experienced auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote. Our attorneys specialize in providing top legal representation for victims of car crashes in Washington, MO. They can assist you in navigating the difficult legal process, negotiating with insurance companies, and obtaining fair and just compensation.
A personal injury law firm based in St. Louis, Halvorsen Klote has years of experience handling Washington, MO car crash cases. We have won millions of dollars for our clients and have obtained rave reviews from satisfied customers. Our legal team is dedicated to serving victims and their families throughout the Washington, MO area. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online.
Causes and Types of Auto Accidents in Washington, MO | Auto Accident Attorney Washington, MO
Car crashes can happen for various reasons near Washington, MO and can involve different types of vehicles and collisions. Some of the common causes of auto accidents in Washington, MO include:
- Distracted driving: This happens when a driver is not paying attention to traffic or the road because they are texting, eating, drinking, changing the music, engaging in conversations with passengers, or doing anything else that takes their eyes, hands, or mind off the driving task.
- Speeding: This takes place when a driver exceeds the legal speed limit or drives too fast for the road conditions. Speeding reduces the driver’s reaction time, expands the braking distance, and increases the severity of the accident.
- Drunk driving: This happens when a driver operates a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Drunk driving impairs the driver’s judgment, vision, coordination, and reflexes, making them far more likely to cause an accident.
Depending on the type and cause of car crash, different kinds of injuries and damages can occur. The following are some of the typical injuries and damages:
- Whiplash: This is a neck injury caused by a sudden back-and-forth movement of the head during a collision. It can cause reduced range of motion, dizziness, headaches, stiffness, and severe pain.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): A brain injury caused by a jolt or blow to the head during a collision, TBI can cause cognitive impairment, mood changes, seizures, memory loss, coma, or death.
- Spinal cord injury (SCI): This is a spinal injury caused by a fracture or dislocation of the vertebrae during a collision. It can cause paralysis, numbness, tingling, loss of bladder or bowel control, or sexual dysfunction.
- Broken bones: These can affect any part of the body and cause infection, deformity, bruising, swelling, and severe pain. They are caused by the pressure or impact of an auto accident.
- Lacerations: Cuts or tears caused by broken glass or metal shards during a collision, lacerations can cause infection, nerve damage, scarring, and bleeding.
- Burns: These are injuries caused by fire or hot fluids during a collision. They can cause pain, blistering, peeling, disfigurement, or infection.
Washington, MO auto accidents can have devastating and persistent consequences for the victims and their friends and families. In addition to many of the physical conditions listed above, potential consequences of auto accidents can include psychological distress – such as trauma-related distress, fear, depression, anger, guilt, or grief – and considerable financial hardships like healthcare, property damage, income loss, reduced earning capacity, or funeral costs. The Halvorsen Klote auto accident attorneys are here for you. Give us a call today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Other cases Halvorsen Klote takes on in Washington, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
What to Do After an Auto Accident in the Washington, MO Area | Auto Accident Attorney Washington, MO
If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident in the Washington, MO area, it is critical to follow specific procedures to protect your health, safety, and legal rights. Here are some of the the steps you should take following an auto accident:
- Seek medical attention: The first and most crucial step is to get medical care for yourself and anyone else who is injured in Washington, MO. Even if you think your injuries are minor or you feel fine, you should still get checked by a doctor or other medical professional as soon as possible. Some injuries may not manifest symptoms immediately or may deteriorate over time. Getting medical attention can also help record your injuries and link them to the accident.
- Contact the police: Notifying the police and documenting the accident is the second step. The police will come to the scene near Washington, MO and look into the accident. They will also generate a report that contains important information like the date, time, exact location, weather, road conditions, witnesses, parties involved, injuries, damages, citations issued, etc. This report can be helpful for your legal claim later on.
- Collect evidence: The next step is to gather evidence from the scene of the accident in Washington, MO. This includes photographing or recording videos of the vehicles involved, the vehicle and/or property damage sustained, the injuries suffered, the debris, the skid marks, the traffic signs or signals, etc. You should get the names, addresses, phone numbers, driver’s license numbers, license plate numbers, and insurance information of all parties involved in the accident. You should also document the names and contact information of any witnesses who were present at the scene in Washington, MO. Don’t forget to preserve any receipts or bills related to your accident expenses.
- Avoid admitting fault or signing anything without a lawyer: Be sure to avoid admitting fault or signing anything without a lawyer. Following an accident, the other party’s lawyer or insurance company may try to contact you. They might attempt to get you to admit fault in the Washington, MO accident, sign a document that releases your right to sue, or accept a lowball settlement offer. You should absolutely refrain from engaging in these activities without talking to your own lawyer first. Anything you say or sign can be used against you later and decrease your chances of getting fair compensation.
- Seek legal advice: The final step is to seek legal advice from an experienced auto accident lawyer in Washington, MO as soon as possible. A skilled attorney from Halvorsen Klote can help you understand your legal rights and options, assess your case, compile evidence, present claims, handle insurance companies, negotiate settlements, prove liability and damages, or proceed to trial. An attorney can also help you prevent common errors that can affect your case, like missing deadlines, giving inconsistent statements, or agreeing to compensation that is below your rightful entitlement. Call HK Law now at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online.
Benefits of Hiring Halvorsen Klote | Auto Accident Attorney Washington, MO
Hiring a Washington, MO auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. The following are examples of the advantages of hiring one of our experienced attorneys:
- No fees unless we win
- Experienced trial lawyers
- Focus on personal injury cases
- Available 24/7
- Real results for our clients
- “Just wow. I never expected the outcome of my case to EXCEED my expectations. This firm knows what they are doing when it comes to personal injury matters. They are easy to get ahold of and are very helpful. Safe to say, I found my firm for life.” - Kala Carpenter
- “Highly recommend! They had exceptional customer satisfaction and did everything possible to help the customer!!” - Tyler Cowan
- “Had a wonderful and very positive experience dealing with everyone at the office. I had no idea what I was walking into and they helped me every step of the way! I would definitely recommend checking with them for your legal worries and you will feel awesome dealing with such a good team!” - Hunter Dale
Halvorsen Klote does not charge any upfront fees for legal representation in Washington, MO. We work on a contingency basis, which means that you only pay us a percentage of the settlement or verdict in the event of a successful outcome. If we do not win, you do not pay anything.
We have a staff of talented and experienced trial lawyers who are not hesitant to take your case to court if necessary. We have won substantial settlement amounts for our Washington, MO clients and have handled multiple cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, dog bites, slip and fall injuries, nursing home negligence, wrongful death, and more in and around Washington, MO.
HK Law focuses exclusively on personal injury cases. We are well-versed in managing the challenging legal issues that arise in Washington, MO auto accident cases. We know how to negotiate with insurance companies, prove liability and damages, and pursue fair and just compensation for our clients.
At Halvorsen Klote, we pride ourselves on our communication and responsiveness. Our legal team is available 24/7 to answer your questions and address your concerns. We will keep you informed and updated throughout the entire process and make sure you are comfortable with every decision we make.
Halvorsen Klote has a proven track record of achieving tangible results for our clients in Washington, MO. Our firm has received rave reviews and positive accolades from happy customers who have experienced our professionalism, compassion, devotion, and effectiveness. Below are some testimonials of what our clients have expressed about us:
If you have been in an auto accident in Washington, MO, you need an auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote fighting in your corner. Contact us today for a no-cost case review. We will listen to your story, evaluate your case, and guide you on the best course of action. We’ll vigorously advocate for your rights and interests and help you get the compensation you deserve. You can call us at 866-382-4167 or complete our contact form online.
Don’t delay. Get in touch with Halvorsen Klote right now and allow us to help you with your car accident case.