St. Louis and Southern Illinois Hit and Run Accident Attorneys
St. Louis Hit and Run Accident Lawyer
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review | St. Louis Hit and Run Accident Lawyer.
Hit and Run Accident Lawyer St. Louis, MO. If you or someone you know has been injured in a hit and run accident, call Halvorsen Klote immediately at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us for a free case review. You need an experienced, skilled and devoted hit and run accident lawyer on your side as soon as possible.
Over 2,000 people lose their lives each year in an estimated 737,100 hit and run accidents in the United States. Almost 70 percent of the people killed in hit and run accidents are pedestrians or bicyclists, and fleeing drivers accounted for 20% of pedestrian crash fatalities. These numbers are catastrophic, and unacceptable.
Our hit and run accident lawyer team at Halvorsen Klote works for our clients, looking out for your best interests and making sure that you are not just another one of those horrific statistics. Our hit and run accident lawyer will make sure that you have support and guidance throughout the entirety of your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW.
Hit and Run Accident Resources from Halvorsen Klote
- Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium
- Illinois Department of Transportation Roadway Crash Data
- Missouri Department of Transportation Traffic Safety
- Hit and Runs Killed 17,531 People in the Last Decade
- U.S. Driving Statistics
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Driving Statistics
The hit and run accident lawyer team at Halvorsen Klote has a complete understanding of all the St. Louis, Missouri, and Illinois hit and run laws and statutes and can use this knowledge and experience to work on your behalf during this trying time. Choosing a skilled and dedicated St. Louis hit and run accident lawyer is a great way to ensure that you and your family are compensated for your time, injuries and damages, and ensure that your financial future and health are protected. We hold responsible parties liable for your injuries, and we make sure that their punishment is harsh enough that they think twice about getting behind the wheel again.
St. Louis Hit and Run Accident Lawyer: Common Causes of Hit and Run Accidents
The hit and run accident lawyers at Halvorsen Klote know the severity of these accidents. Oftentimes, hit and run accidents involve multiple forms of recklessness and negligence. Some common causes seen by our St. Louis hit and run accident lawyer team include:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs — consequences for impaired driving in Missouri and Illinois include suspension or revocation of driving privileges, fines, and, in severe cases, felony imprisonment.
- Driving without a license — if a driver is caught in Missouri or Illinois without a valid driver’s license, consequences include a Class B misdemeanor and fines ranging from $500-$10,000.
- Driving on a suspended or revoked license — up to a $10,000 fine and 4 years in prison for anyone with multiple violations on their record in the last 10 years.
- Not carrying insurance — Missouri and Illinois have requirements for minimum coverage (financial responsibility). If a driver is caught without insurance, consequences include up to a $400 fine and suspension or revocation of your license for up to a year in situations involving multiple offenses.
In addition to the above consequences for violation of Missouri driving laws, penalties for hit and run accidents and for leaving the scene of an accident under Missouri Revised Statute Section 577.060 include a class A misdemeanor, class E felony or class D felony, depending on the circumstances of the accident, and fines equal to the severity of the accident and, if applicable, another driver’s injuries and damages.
Under the Illinois Vehicle Code, or 625 ILCS 5/ in Illinois, the law requires you to file a report of an accident if it caused injury, death or property damage of more than $1,500. Penalties that your hit and run accident attorney has seen handed down for leaving the scene of an accident include imprisonment of 1-15 years, a fine between $2,500-$25,000 and possible suspension or revocation of the driver’s license, depending upon the severity of the accident.
For more information regarding causes of hit and run accidents, or if you have any questions regarding your accident, call a St. Louis hit and run accident lawyer at HK Law today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us to start on your journey toward achieving justice and complete compensation.
St. Louis Hit and Run Accident Lawyer: What Do I Do After a Hit and Run Accident?
The moments following a hit and run accident are critical. Follow these steps from our St. Louis hit and run accident lawyer to protect your safety, health, and legal rights:
- Contact emergency services.
- Make sure everyone is safe.
- Talk to a hit and run accident lawyer at HK Law.
- Document the incident.
- Locate witnesses.
Your St. Louis Hit and Run Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote in St. Louis, MO
Halvorsen Klote is an industry leader when it comes to protecting your interests in a St. Louis-area hit and run accident case. When you choose HK Law, you are choosing a hit and run accident lawyer that cares about you and your family. You can expect nothing less than our best.