St. Louis Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Missouri Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Our firm represents victims who have been injured in motorcycle accidents. Regularly, insurance companies try to blame motorcycles for causing the accidents. Insurance companies view motorcyclists as dangerous. The attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready to fight for your full compensation against dishonest insurance companies.
Missouri Rules of the Road – Sharing the Road with Motorcycle Riders
Motorcycles are vulnerable on the road. Many drivers are distracted or fail to keep a careful lookout when driving around motorcycles. When drivers of vehicles are not careful they may seriously injure a motorcycle rider.
Things Drivers should know when sharing the road with motorcycles:
- Motorcycles are often overlooked by motorists
- It is not always easy to judge the speed or distance of a motorcycle
- On residential streets, especially those with parked cars, travel at or below the speed limit, depending on sight distance
- Motorcyclist change speed and lane position when encountering bad road conditions, such as manhole covers, diagonal railroad tracks, road debris, or strong winds. Be ready to react
- You should not share a lane with a motorcycle, as motorcycles need the entire lane for safety reasons
- When you are passing, give motorcycles a full lane of width. Do not squeeze past these road users. Wait for a clear stretch of road before passing a cyclist in a lane too narrow to share.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can be caused in many ways. Usually, drivers on the road fail to drive with the highest degree of care when around motorcycles. The negligence of other drivers leads to devastating and debilitating injuries. These negligent acts include:
- Distracted Drivers
- Drunk Driving
- Dangerous Road Conditions
- Failing to Yield
- Not following the speed limit
- Cutting off Cyclists
Common Catastrophic Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle riders can suffer a wide variety of injuries after being struck by a vehicle. All injuries are painful, embarrassing, and devastating. Due to the force and weight from a vehicle, motorcycle accidents often result in severe or even life-threatening injuries. They often include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Muscle and nerve damage
- Loss of Limbs
- Fractured bones
- Internal organ damage/bleeding
- Spine injuries
- Road rash
Choose a Top St. Louis Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured or killed in a motorcycle accident, it is important to speak to a lawyer as soon as possible. Insurance companies are quick to offer low settlement offers to trick you into taking less than your case is worth. If you delay bringing your claim you may be prevented for recovering any compensation. Call the St. Louis motorcycle accident injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote at 1-877-51-HKLAW (877-514-5529) for your free consultation.
We serve the Greater St. Louis area. Here are a few of our major practices:
Contact us today to learn more about our experience and capabilities.